Vista Print

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've used vistaprint.com for many years, mainly for business cards and other marketing materials. You can get small amounts of custom letterhead, notepads, envelopes etc.

They now have full full color t-shirts! I just got 2 shirts, both have my full color logo on the front and back, printed in full color, nice quality. But get this, total cost per shirt was $12.11 minimum order is ONE. Granted they are not a shirt that will last for more than a few months, but the fact that It only cost me 12bucks and I can create new designs and custom themes is huge. I'm going to create some with pet photography themes and wear them around the dog parks and at some of the local shopping areas.

I like places like this where I can 1 or 2 items that make my company look much larger and funded than it really is...LOL

I was about to order 200 business cards from them and was looking for a review like yours! I really appreciate the help man, thanks!

Well I got my business cards from them, not bad, nothing to write home about though.. But they do good deals i suppose, 25% off my next order.

I didn't trust them to do my shirts for me. I had my shirts and fleeces embroidered by a company called "eazee", good quality and fairly cheap to originate the design, minimum order was 5 items I think.

One trick you can do with Vista is once everything is in your shopping cart and your about to enter payment info, hit the back button or try and navigate away from the site, then you'll get a popup that says "Don't go, we want your business, if you place your order right now we will give you 25% off"

They also send 25% off coupons with all your orders, so after your first order just figure to knock 25% off the base price.

As for the quality of the shirts, to me they are more of a disposable marketing tool, we have a huge pet adoption event later this month and I'm order a shirt with huge pics of my boxer dogs on the back with scripting of something like Holiday portraits and we donate money back to rescue groups with each photo package, it's really effective at specific marketing an event and at a cost of $12 and all I have to do is walk around, go figure.

The shirts while good quality and fantastic details, not something that is sellable IMO as I don't know how long the colors would hold up.

I was about to order 200 business cards from them and was looking for a review like yours! I really appreciate the help man, thanks!

They also have free busines cards that are not bad, just have to deal with them putting the "vistaprint.com" on the front of the card.

I never order them, but nice to know you can get them for free

I usually order the glossy, full color cards and have never once had a problem, when I have my 4 retail stores we were ordering 5k at a time and people always commented that we had "such nice cards"

No I'm ordering the 100lb, matt finish cardstock with full color front and back. The cards have a great feel to them.

Vista Print - I order all my marketing materials through them. AND.. all my orders are FREE. I'm only required to pay for shipping. Sign up to be on their email list and you'll get the specials, too. I have NO complaints about their quality! I always design everything myself then upload the template. I love this company!

About twice a week I get E-mails from them, free this and free that. A few weeks ago, I ordered everything that I could get for free (besides the free cards with their logo). I got a pen, a stamp, some magnets, a bunch of address labels etc. I also got a free copy of Quickbooks Easy Start and some other software.

I don't find the quality of their stuff to be outstanding, but decent.

Last year, I ordered a bunch of business card sized magnets. The photo printing on them isn't very good.

Agree, photo printing is not that great, but if someone is on a limited budget and you want to make a sizeable impression about your business then it's an inexpenisve (cheap) way to go.

consider that you can get 500 full color (F&B) heavy cards stock business cards, 50 full color letter head, mathing envelopes, matching note pads & several full color shirts. This is my main way of attracting business, I develop a theme, order the marketing materials and then hit the stores or venues that match my target goals. Usually this type of package cost me $80-$100 depending on how much I order.

Here in Vegas we have massive new trade shows everyweek that attracts thousands and thousands of people per event. The next HUGE show is SEMA should be around 50-60K people attending
I'm a huge car fanatic, so I'll have several shirts printed advertising inexpensive photography for show cars and then just walk around the event. I've done this several times, PetExpo, Landscape Expo, Home and Garden Expo etc....and each time I'll get 15-40 calls about my services with about 10-20 clients actually following thru with needing photography. Total cost is usually $25 for shirts, 500 business cards and entry ticket.

I'm a business card monster, I hand them out like candy

Agree, photo printing is not that great, but if someone is on a limited budget and you want to make a sizeable impression about your business then it's an inexpenisve (cheap) way to go.
Yes, you can get a lot for your money...but what message are you sending when you give out something that people can tell is cheap? This is especially concerning when you are a photographer.

I do still give out my 'less than great' magnets and they have even worked to get me some business...but if I ever do get photo magnets again, I'll get them from someplace else and pay for good quality.

I have been using Vistaprint for my 'day job' and did some research and found giggleprint.com

You can get 1,000 card for $7.99 which is CHEAP

I got front and back total for $20.47

Not bad for those looking large quantities.

About twice a week I get E-mails from them, free this and free that. A few weeks ago, I ordered everything that I could get for free (besides the free cards with their logo). I got a pen, a stamp, some magnets, a bunch of address labels etc. I also got a free copy of Quickbooks Easy Start and some other software.

I don't find the quality of their stuff to be outstanding, but decent.

Last year, I ordered a bunch of business card sized magnets. The photo printing on them isn't very good.

I never used it for printing actual images - only text and logos and such.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back