Voigtlander to Nikon Lens Adaptor

dinodan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have several Nikons and a Voigtlander Bessamatic that my dad bought new in 1962. I saw this item on Ebay and could not resist ordering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180169945456&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ebayphotohosting

It's an adaptor that will (allegedly) allow me to use the vintage Voigtlander glass (and my converted Retina lenses) on the Nikon bodies.

I haven't received it yet, but am wondering if anyone else here has used something similar. Supposedly, the aperture setting is fully converted so that it can be read by the Nikon body, hence all AI metering functions are maintained. It seems to me that there would have to be some increase in focal length, but I don't know for sure, or what that factor might be.

I'll be sure to post full details and sample photos once I receive it!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll be sure to post full details and sample photos once I receive it!

That'd be great!

:O Sweet... I'd love to see what a classic Color Skopar lens can do on a digital body.

:O Sweet... I'd love to see what a classic Color Skopar lens can do on a digital body.

Stay tuned. Hopefully, it'll arrive this week...

Of course, the old glass won't meter with the D80, but that's not a big deal.

Here is a list of my vintage lenses:

Voigtlander Color Skopar 50 f/2.8
" " Skoparex 35 f/3.4
" " Super-Dynarex 135 f/4
Retina Schneider-Kreuznach Tele-Arton 85 f/4
" " " " " Tele-Xenar 200 f/4.8
Plus a variety of close-up attachment lenses.

This should be interesting!

I was out of town for a few days, so I had to go to the P.O. to pick it up. They sent the wrong one! It's a Voigtlander lens adaptor all right, but it's for a screw-mount camera, probably a Pentax. I sent the guy an email, but of course it's the middle of the night there, and the weekend. What a pain!

After sending the wrong one back, I finally got the right adaptor today.

First shot shows my Super-Dynarex 1:4 135mm mounted on the FE2. Bottom one is a quick backyard shot with the D80 and Skoparex 1:3.4 35mm. This should be interesting...
DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_01260001.jpg

D80 w/ the superb Schneider-Kreuznach Retina Tele-Arton 1:4 85mm. Interesting that even though the meter doesn't work with these lenses on the D80, it's really not a big problem as one can see the result right away and adjust exposure on the fly. (Stop-down metering on the film bodies.)

DSC_0133.jpg

That's pretty sweet, Dan. It's always nice to see good vintage glass get adapted to todays modern bodies!

The Tele-Arton on my F100. I went out yesterday and shot some Kodachrome with the vintage lenses on this camera. I love the way the modern electronic rangefinder works with the 40+ year-old glass!

F100_Tele_Arton.jpg

I found out today that my old-style 52mm Nikon caps fit the Voigtlander lens shade perfectly. Talk about system integration. By the way, that's a vintage Zeiss Ikon 40.5 mm orange filter. The FE2 prism picks up the aperture readings off the adaptor quite well.

FE2_wo_cap.jpg

FE2_with_Cap.jpg

Hi Dinodan,

I´m new user member of this forum and I have few questions regarding the Voigtlander lenses. The super-dynarex is rangefinder lens? I´m asking because I have a Nikon D60 and get very cheap the Super-dynarex 135 f4 and would like to put together. Would it be fully functionable with any kind of adapter?

Many thanks

Milan

Milan:

The Super-Dynarex was designed for the Bessamatic SLR, and it's a very good lens. Using an adaptor like mine, it will work on your D60 with one caveat: the light meter is not functional as there's no stop-down metering on the D60 (I'm assuming this as it's the case with my D80) and of course no electronic indexing. You have two options, exposure by trial and error to find the correct exposure settings (not so difficult with a DSLR), or to use an external light meter. Although I use the adaptor mainly with my film bodies (which have stop-down metering), it is fun to shoot digital with the vintage glass.

Dan

Hi Dinodan:
many thanks for reply. I have heard that the rangefinder lens will work on Nikon DSLR just like a macro lens. True or false? I´m not so much clever about rangefinders but I hope it will be fully functionable on my D60. The light meter is not a problem, I love experiments. I have found one adapter for sale, could You tell me please the brand name of adapter You are using?

Thanks

Most reactions

Back