Voigtlander to Nikon Lens Adaptor

Milan:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "rangefinder lens". As mentioned previously, the Super-Dynarex is an SLR lens, not a rangefinder lens. As far as "just like a macro lens", well... no. The Super-Dynarex is a short (135mm) telephoto, and does not have macro (i.e. close-up) capability.

I'm not sure about the brand name of my adaptor, it does not have any brand markings, thought the leatherette case is embossed with the name "Roxsen". I bought it on Ebay, I think from this same company.

I hope all of this helps. Good luck.

Danhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Voigtlander-Ret...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Dan,
that is the info I wanted to hear - Super Dynarex is SLR lens!!! That is it. And the adapter is the same as I found so, I have to buy it. Are there any others Voigtlander lenses which are worth buy? Some wide angle, portrait lens or os? what about any longer telephoto 300-400 mm?

Thanks

Voigtlander rangefinder lenses use a different mount than the adapter you have purchased. They are M39/LTM (Leica thread mount). Also, the film plane distance of rangefinders are extremely short making them very difficult to use on SLRs that have a relatively long film plane distance (mirror box clearance). For Macro work, you are better off with a real macro, bellows+rails, or tubes.

Voigtlander rangefinder lenses use a different mount than the adapter you have purchased. They are M39/LTM (Leica thread mount). Also, the film plane distance of rangefinders are extremely short making them very difficult to use on SLRs that have a relatively long film plane distance (mirror box clearance).

All true, but the Super-Dynarex 135 is an SLR (Bessamatic) lens, so this is not an issue.

Dan,
that is the info I wanted to hear - Super Dynarex is SLR lens!!! That is it. And the adapter is the same as I found so, I have to buy it. Are there any others Voigtlander lenses which are worth buy? Some wide angle, portrait lens or os? what about any longer telephoto 300-400 mm?

Thanks

There are lots of lenses available. The longest one I have is the 350mm f/5.6 Super-Dynarex. The adapter also works with Retina Reflex lenses, which have a mount that is almost identical to the Voigtlander Bessamatic. PM me with your email address and I can send you a complete list this weekend (working now).

Dan

All true, but the Super-Dynarex 135 is an SLR (Bessamatic) lens, so this is not an issue.

Yes, I knew that... my post was in response to Milanos' inquiry about rangefinder lenses by Voigtlander. I am aware that the adapter works with Voigtlander SLR lenses.

Awesome! This thread of full of great stuff.

What part of chuck? the first test looks like Boone Hall maybe, as well as the other somewhere nearby in MT.P.

Hi neighbor. I'm up the road off of 41.

Awesome! This thread of full of great stuff.

What part of chuck? the first test looks like Boone Hall maybe, as well as the other somewhere nearby in MT.P.

Hi neighbor. I'm up the road off of 41.

Hi there!

Both photos were taken in my backyard, literally. James Island.

Glad you enjoyed the thread. I had pretty much forgotten about it, until it was resurrected by Milanos.

ahh.....

in/around camp road area then? lots of trees like that in that area. I forgot about them.

I was thinking Boone hall because of the similar landscaping.

Those lenses look like lots of fun.

ahh.....

in/around camp road area then? lots of trees like that in that area. I forgot about them.

Close. Stiles Point.

Those lenses look like lots of fun.

They really are. Two of them (and my Bessamatic) belonged to my dad and have been in the family since they were new.

Sorry, I couldn't resist ...

Here is an old M42 Meyer Trioplan 10cm f/2.8 adapted to my D70.

d70.jpg

And, here's a back yard snap with the combination:
hose.jpg

Very nice! I just love seeing these modern cameras with vintage glass. Do you use a light meter or the "best guess / trial and error" method? Where did you get your adaptor?

Thanks for posting.

Here's a shameless repost of my F100 with the Super-Dynarex 350 f/5.6

F100_Super_Dynarex_35o-1.jpg

OK, I see your 350 f/5.6 Super-Dynarex and raise you one Schneider Tele-Xenar 360mm f/5.5 :)

schn.jpg

I have a couple of adapters that I've picked up at cameras shows over the
years. The one in the picture is actually not that great because it doesn't
lock in place properly. I would have to dig to find my better one.

In the earlier pic taken with the Meyer lens I just guessed at the exposure and fiddled until it
seemed about right.

Hi guys, I have been few days of and wonder how this thread developed.

I´m really stupid, but I have no idea how to post a personal message so Dan, could You send me the list of lenses to [email protected] ?

Nice gear on DSLR bodies, I´m still waiting for the adapter.

Thanks

Milan

Most reactions

Back