Voigtlander Vitomatic II

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just found a Vitomatic II in great shape with a sharp Skopar 50/2.8. The lens seems to have a wee of fungus but I will cure it in the sun (whenever it decides to show up, it's been raining on and on for the past 4-5 days!).

What's interesting about thisa Vitomatic is the contraption that came with it, a Proximeter I for close up work. It attaches neatly to the lens and rangefinder and it works great. I'll pop a BW film in there to see what comes out. Usually the Skopars are very good lenses, great contrast and resolution.

Sweet yo! Congrats! So, excuse my ignorance here, why does it help to put a lens with fungus in the sun?

Zach :D

aggiezach said:
Sweet yo! Congrats! So, excuse my ignorance here, why does it help to put a lens with fungus in the sun?

Fungus thrives in humidity, hence applying sun light to it will dry out the fungus, eventually clearing the lens to some degree. Also, my speculation here (dunno if it applies), the UV entering the lens helps kill the fungus.

Thanks Zach. For a while I started backing out of collecting, I must have had over 200 cameras of all types in my hands at one time or another. Since I joined TPF (whom I blame 1,000%!!! :D ) I kinda went back to collecting. Me like it more now... :mrgreen:

Thats good to know, if I ever come across some lens that has a bit 'o fungus :)

I definitely blame this place (and Matt and You) for my interest in collecting camera. While my collection is still small I love each camera I have, and I can't wait to add more to it!

My list of oldies:
Kodak six-20 (One of the first flash brownies)
Kodak Brownie Camera
Ansco Speedex 4.5 Special
Agfa Ansco (620)
Yashica-A
Pentax Spotmattic II (needs to be replaced :( It was destroyed by a massive flood in 2001)

Zach, I know the feeling... You start small and then you want more and more. I went through the same stage. I began with collecting older cameras and lenses and then went on to collecting rarer and unusual cameras. I sold most of them, some with deep regret but needed the $$ to buy others. I had at one point a Kodak Ektra of 1941 vintage, the first 35mm RF with interchangeable backs. I bought it as a kit (4 lenses, 2 backs and body, various finders and original case/IB) and sold it as a kit. Made some $$ to buy the Hassy system.

Some odd ones I had/have:

Kodak Ektra 1941
Contax If "Made for China" (1933)
Zeiss Super Ikonta A 531/16 (I still have it)\
Nicca (Leica copy)
Canon SBIV (still have it)
Graflex D 4x5
Voigtlander Prominent
Voigtlander Vitessa T
Voigtlander Vitomatic
Minolta Semi 1934 (prewar MF folder)
Minox B with flash (still have)
Ricoh Steky (still have)
Koni Omega (2 bodies, 58 and 90mm lens, still have)
Hassy 500ELM and CM (still have)
Mercury by Universal (very odd circular shutter)
Realist (stereo)
Zorkii 4 with the "50 Years Of Soviet Power" stamp on, made in 1967 (still have)
Zeiss Contaflex

...and many more, I can't really remember!

Nice collection there yo! I'd love to get some of those you listed!! Especially the MG gear! I'm looking at getting some more of the MF folders I've been seeing around, those are always fun to use! I'd like to get my hands on a 35mm or MF rangefinder as well. Actually I think that'll be my next goal. We'll see? I'm sure you all will hear plenty about which ever one I add to the collection next :)

Sounds sweet, Mitica! :thumbup: I'll be looking forward to some closeups from that piece. Sounds intriguing.

And I think we should all give each other a break and put the blame squarely where it lies:

eBay! :lol:

terri said:
Sounds sweet, Mitica! :thumbup: I'll be looking forward to some closeups from that piece. Sounds intriguing.

And I think we should all give each other a break and put the blame squarely where it lies:

eBay! :lol:

Ahhh... And all this time I thought it was named E-bite! True, true, I bite everytime I see something interesting. Speaking of which I got a F. Deckel (Munchen) folder for only 10 buckaroos!! It's a neat little camera. Will post a picture of it here:

7f_1_b.JPG

terri said:
I'll be looking forward to some closeups from that piece. Sounds intriguing.

Here it is:

P2140561web.jpg
P2140562web.jpg
P2140563web.jpg

The Proximeter attachment goes on/comes off the camera via the flash shoe atop. All folds down so it can be stored and carried in a small leather case, which came with it. Also included was the IB.

Coolie!!! :thumbup: I don't think I've seen anything like that before. When are you going to give it a try???

And I can't believe the new camera for ten bucks - is that the one, or is it a photo of same model? It looks totally clean and workable. Look at the cute little viewfinder....awww....! I see the Compur-Rapid shutter, what kind of lens is on this puppy?

You are a very, very BAD influence. I have a sudden urge to go roaming about the evil ebay!!! :lol:

terri said:
Coolie!!! :thumbup: I don't think I've seen anything like that before. When are you going to give it a try???

And I can't believe the new camera for ten bucks - is that the one, or is it a photo of same model? It looks totally clean and workable. Look at the cute little viewfinder....awww....! I see the Compur-Rapid shutter, what kind of lens is on this puppy?

You are a very, very BAD influence. I have a sudden urge to go roaming about the evil ebay!!! :lol:

Ahha... Wait until you read my next new thread! :mrgreen:

The 10 bucks camera is pictured, yes, that's the one.

I will put a B/W film in the Vitomatic by the weekend.

Meanwhile do take a look at my new thread... :wink: :mrgreen:

terri said:
And as stated in your new thread....bite me, you, you.....Leica owner!!!!! :greenpbl:

Terri... You will have a Leica, I know that. There are no two ways about it, girl! Once you get bit by the collecting bug there is only a matter of time until you get a Leica. Or a Contax. :)

Mitica100 said:
Terri... You will have a Leica, I know that. There are no two ways about it, girl! Once you get bit by the collecting bug there is only a matter of time until you get a Leica. Or a Contax. :)
This was a hopeful thing to say. :goodvibe:

Most reactions

Back