Volunteer Lily

All gorgeous but that middle shot is like a kaleidoscope of colors perfectly framing that center stamen.

Wonderful colors! I really like that spherical BG in the last. How do you like the Twist? Much of a learning curve?

Thanks Jeff & Sharon. The second does have kaleidoscope feel. I liked the framing and didn't crop too close.

Wonderful colors! I really like that spherical BG in the last. How do you like the Twist? Much of a learning curve?

I thought of your recent flowers when I shot the first one. Thanks for the inspiration. The twist is my first manual lens. To get the most swirl in the BG, the lens needs to be wide open which doesn't give much room for focusing. I have to put my readers on to use it. The BG does make a difference. I had tried some lilies that had rock landscaping on one side and a bush on the other. The BG seemed off with the different elements. Plain grass works good for texture and even carpet. The last one above had patches of grass with dirt and they gave it a nice rendering. Looking forward to portraits this fall with leaves in the BG.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back