VS! Logo/Name Ideas

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! Now before you start blasting me about working on my craft before worrying about this stuff, please hear me out. I am not doing this because I want to start doing this professionally right now, but I have a credit on Vistaprint and need to use it before it expires. So I've come up with a few simple, neat, clean ideas. Some make more sense than others and I'm personally leaning more towards to "Swift as an Arrow Photography," but I'd like to hear what you guys think. I don't want to use my own name, Daryll Morgan, because it's a rather plain name and I'd like to stick out a little more - but if you have any suggestions, I'd gladly take them. And before you ask, I did use a vector-based program to design these (Inkscape). Also, I know that I have the ability to talk to a graphic designer, so don't suggest doing that. These are simply preliminary ideas for names that I may take to a designer later on to polish off. Now go!

Fly Like an Arrow Photography
$FlyLikeAnArrow.jpg

Break of Dawn Photography
$BreakOfDawn.jpg

Beneath the Hat Photography
$BeneathTheHat.jpg

Swift as an Arrow Photography
$SwiftArrow.jpg

Straight as an Arrow Photography
$StraightArrow.jpg

Back (the back will basically be the same for all of them except the website name)
$Back.jpg

Also, is anyone else having issues with the uploader? I had to use basic uploader for some reason because the regular one won't let me click on it...

Anyways, thanks!

It is a good idea to make sure a business name is available, both in your region and as an Internet domain name.
That's part of what business licensing/registration is all about. The local government checks if the business name is already in use, or not.

You should also check to see what Virginia's Doing Business As (DBA) paperwork requirements are.

Why spend time and effort making a logo you can't use, or that you will have to change in a short period of time.

None of them indicate anything to me about why you'd be good to hire. Beneath the hat? Swift as an Arrow?

Because I enjoy it, that's what it's about. I want to know if you think the names are catchy. A name doesn't have to mean something. Why would "Daryll Morgan Photography" make me sounds skilled in comparison to anything else? It's just a name- it's the reputation attached to that name that matters.

Because I enjoy it, that's what it's about. I want to know if you think the names are catchy. A name doesn't have to mean something. Why would "Daryll Morgan Photography" make me sounds skilled in comparison to anything else? It's just a name- it's the reputation attached to that name that matters.

Is there an unflattering reputation attached to your actual name? If not, there's really no reason not to use it.

I like the "Straight Arrow Photography" website address on the mock up business card. Why the desire to change it to "Straight As An Arrow Photography"? That doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

The names are not catchy at all, in my opinion and are, in fact, a bit clumsy...

Why spend time and effort making a logo you can't use, or that you will have to change in a short period of time.

He mentioned the fact that a credit he had was going to expire soon...

Business cards are dirt cheep, so coming up with a business name now to save a few bucks on business cards is a poor reason.

Daryl Morgan Photography is the best one you have listed.

Exactly! So K.I.S.S.

Use - Your Name Photography. Even better drop the word Photography, and just use your name, since there is no business yet.

Okay, so I did some experimenting and it's not that exactly that I thought my name wouldn't work, just that I couldn't come up with a logo for it but I did some additional work in Inkscape and discovered this useful trace to bitmap tool so here is my result.

$DGMPhotography.jpg

Whatcha think?

Business cards are dirt cheep, so coming up with a business name now to save a few bucks on business cards is a poor reason.

Not if he's going to lose the credit he has. It would be stupid to simply let it expire...

No one but you, and a few of us here, will know that 'thingy' in front of your name is you holding a camera.

A business card will be a lot smaller than an image of a business card on a computer display

Actually, I designed it to scale. 3.5x2 so try viewing it from that size. Maybe I can try making it a little clearer.

35+ years in the design/branding world.
Daryll Morgan Photography with the "D-arrow" symbol is the strongest concept on the table. Now stop!

Okay, but then what does the arrow even represent?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back