VS! Logo/Name Ideas

Sigh .... I still don't understand why you insist in putting the horse before the cart, but that's your business. As to the cards:

1. Many people put business cards in a loose-leaf type binder or scan them. If the important information, such as name and phone number, is not on the front it is never seen again.

2. The names are rather cheesy. They sound like something a cheap private investigator from the 40's would choose.

3. The logos are cheesier.

4. There is nothing wrong with using your name. It is short and easily remembered.

Vista Print does a good job and they are inexpensive to use. I spent about 15 minutes designing my cards, submitted a full-size TIFF on their web site, and had them in about 10 days. I think it cost about $20 or so for 500.

Edit ....

If all you want is an important sounding name, how about:

Davidson, Gladstone, and Morgan
Fine Art Photography for Discriminating Clientele
By Appointment ONLY

D. G. Morgan, Pricincipal
Senior Photographer

Last edited:
I can't give much business advice, but please don't use "Breaking Dawn". It's the name of a Twilight movie and that's what everyone who sees it is likely to think of, not photography.

I'd probably use your name, if it were me.

I can't give much business advice, but please don't use "Breaking Dawn". It's the name of a Twilight movie and that's what everyone who sees it is likely to think of, not photography.

I'd probably use your name, if it were me.

Haha, very true, I didn't even think of that. Good catch! It's actually "Break of Dawn," not "Breaking Dawn," and I was actually thinking of a Michael Jackson song, but I digress. I will not go with that one. I will try to go with my name, but I still want to have a logo of some sort..

If all you want is an important sounding name, how about:

Davidson, Gladstone, and Morgan
Fine Art Photography for Discriminating Clientele
By Appointment ONLY

D. G. Morgan, Pricincipal
Senior Photographer

Ooohhhh... I like that...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back