Vultures & the Harvest Moon at Sunrise (all that)

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
6006302.jpg

6006449.jpg

6006471.jpg

6006480.jpg

6006505.jpg

6006530.jpg

6006562.jpg

600c6297.jpg

600c6517.jpg

600c6537.jpg

Wow.
Even more of this famous moon!
The Landscape and Nature Forum is FULL of these special moon photos ... and I totally missed this moon (our German weather was quite quite against us this year).

I really like THESE vulture photos (the others did not speak so much to me, I was there, I saw them but did not really know what to say). There are some cool close-ups, too, and some nice colours, the "High Vulture" .... erm ... "High Voltage" pic is nice :D ... and that moon, of course, adds loads to the frames.

I think I like the last one best but I am not sure, there are so many good ones here.

neat captures, i especially enjoyed 4, 6, & 10... :thumbup:

Wow, you've got some really cool shots in that series! Glad you bumped it, or I might have missed it. 4, 7, 9 and 10 are my faves.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I bumped it. They are kinda so ugly you can't look away. Their flight is so absolutely beautiful though.

Alex06: Yep, the moon is real. I got up early to do this and remembered all the harvest moon shots here on the forum when I went out in the dark and it wasn't dark. I thought this would be the last of the harvest moon this year (unless something came in from Hawaii). I had a great time working to get it in the frame. It was cool, moon on one side, sunrise on the other and buzzards all around. I like the way the moon follows instead of fixes in the sky. It makes lining up shots interesting.

Note: October is a good month for tarantulas in the desert. Last year I got shots of a couple mating/fighting (to the death).
http://digital-desert.com/wildlife/tarantula.html (see the slideshow for the fight photos & others).

Most reactions

Back