Waiting for the Electrician

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in the spectacular National Museum of Art in Ontario and in a passage between two galleries I saw a round, internal window. When I looked through it, this is what I saw. There was no title or other indication on the wall of this being an installation. I'm not sure if it was art or an area under construction.

Image 2_2.jpg

OK. I'm here. Now what?

If this isn't flipped, you've got fluorescent up-lighting. The mirrors are showing what I assume to be water damage.

Of course; I could be all wet.

If this isn't flipped, you've got fluorescent up-lighting. The mirrors are showing what I assume to be water damage.

Of course; I could be all wet.
It isn't flipped. It looked like water damage to me, but I've mistaken installations for construction sites in the past. I once saw a stainless steel girder at the Whitney in New York which had a sign on it reading, "This stainless steel girder is a work of art only when accompanied by this signed notice from the artist, Walter De La Maria. At all other times it is just a stainless steel girder. I thought it was the best oblique attempt at defining art I had come across.

Very odd for thr lighting to be facing up and the irregularity of the demo-ed walls in the background. Even the repetition of the seemingly small rooms with mirrored walls. None of which makes immediate sense. But if it's wasn't signed ... it wasn't art.

Maybe a training site for fireman and electrical fires?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back