Waiting

love it! I think this is a great example of a shot that rule of thirds would destroy. I love your centered composition, and if I was to make any change, it would be to make the centering even a bit more precise. I like the original much more than the alternate crop. IMHO, the reduced background destroys the story of the image. The second version is a viable, even good picture. The original is an outstanding image.
Thanks so much Fj :)
I prefer the first as well, but possibly with a little less foreground.
Thanks Jeff :)
The edit works for me. I probably would have left the bottom of the boards in the foreground where some light is coming through - that line helped frame it.

As for the car, I just think it's better to stop for a good shot rather than deal with motion, window dirt, etc., although you've handled it very well. And no, I did not assume you were driving. I know there are times when it just isn't practical, so you're developing a useful skill.
Ok fair enough :)

I made a final edit with the tree on the left cropped off and perfectly centered the fellow on the wall, I think it made a difference so I added it to the OP :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back