Wake Up!!!!

coastietech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was sitting at home sick today and I wanted to try something I have been thinking about for awhile. There are times in life when I feel as though I am asleep at the wheel of life and I am going through one of those times. I feel as though life is passing me by and I'm not fully awake to enjoy it. Thats what prompted these photos. I am in no way suicidal and all the pictures where done with one long exposure. The only processing I did was sharpen, turn to B&W, and add a little noise. Please let me know what you think, whether good, bad, or indifferent.

wakeup5.jpg

Wakeup.jpg

Wakeup4.jpg

Interesting photos... I kinda like them. I like #1 and 2 the best tho.

and I know what you mean sometimes :p

Thanks for the comments Moraca.

Anybody else? I kinda expected these to elicit more of a response than this. I guess I was wrong. :sad anim:

Great idea! I like 2 the best. I can relate to the idea of a part of myself yelling get with it or wake up. I like the series and I'd be interested in seeing more like this- maybe even some outside?
I'd like to see the person yelling come in a little more vividly or clear maybe, though I haven't a clue as to how to do that. I like how you are a little more solid in the second photo. I think the third photo works well with the more ethereal look because of how you are posed.
Nice Job!

Great idea! I like 2 the best. I can relate to the idea of a part of myself yelling get with it or wake up. I like the series and I'd be interested in seeing more like this- maybe even some outside?
I'd like to see the person yelling come in a little more vividly or clear maybe, though I haven't a clue as to how to do that. I like how you are a little more solid in the second photo. I think the third photo works well with the more ethereal look because of how you are posed.
Nice Job!
These were all made with 30sec exposures. I would lay down for the first half of the shot and then move to a different position for the remainder of the shot. I tried making the screaming me in the second shot come out stronger but it's hard to stay steady in that position and the blur from movement was really bad. Another way to create this effect would be to do multiple exposures. Some DSLRs will allow you to do this and if not you can do it in PS by merging pictures. Once again thank you for you comments.

You might be able to try this: keep the room fairly dark... get into position one, have someone turn on a light on you for a brief second (not an overly powerful light). Get into position 2, and do the same.

I don't exactly know how this will turn out without trying it myself, but it might be worth a try. good luck!

I like 1 and 2 the best. The non-laying down you being slightly blurry i think works for it. Makes it feel like thats the one that really isn't there or something. I'm not really sure how to explain it.

As for the 3rd, you overlapping yourself bothers me a bit.

I like the idea and concept behind these picture, but result is not so good to my opinion

B&W is too much grey, your clothes do not help to create an atmosphere, I am sure you can improve and make it much more better , but the idea is very good

mat

Very powerful theme. I definitely can relate to these.

The photos seem a bit soft in lighting for the emotional image you're trying to portray, but still are very nice!

Great idea. Poor lighting. If these had a little more contrast or black in them I think they would be a lot more powerful.

Most reactions

Back