Walkaround lens needed

k1ckdapro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a 18-55mm lens on my Canon 200D, but would like to have a more versatile one which doesn’t need to be swapped very often.

I am looking right now at a Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC and was wondering if it would be a good choice as a walkaround lens. I am not so sure about it because the price is low (170 Eur +-) compared to other lenses.

Many thanks in advance,

Hi,

I currently have a 18-55mm lens on my Canon 200D, but would like to have a more versatile one which doesn’t need to be swapped very often.

I am looking right now at a Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC and was wondering if it would be a good choice as a walkaround lens. I am not so sure about it because the price is low (170 Eur +-) compared to other lenses.

Many thanks in advance,

The 18-200mm superzooms were designed to eliminate the need for frequent lens swaps. The low price might be somewhat indicative of age of the lens (it is new old stock,perhaps?), and also perhaps somewhat indicative of the quality of the results you'll get. Still, I think for many people, there's nothing terribly wrong with an 18-200mm lens when it is used in good, fairly bright lighting conditions.

Or the Canon 18-135.

And as Derrel said, these are primarily day time lenses.
In dim light, indoors, you have to crank up the ISO level.

The Canon EF-S 18-135 lens is an excellent option. It is my 'walk around' lens on my EOS 80D. It will be optically better than the Tamron 18-200 lens, I would think.

Most reactions

Back