Walking Tour of Downtown Houston (6 pics)

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
These are some things that caught my eye while I was on a walking tour of downtown Houston. The tour focused on the history of the area near Buffalo Bayou where Houston was founded.

52977893-M.jpg

52977806-L.jpg

52975367-M.jpg

52977819-M.jpg

52977902-L.jpg

52977862-L.jpg

I like your perspectives in these photos. Nice, crisp photos! :thumbup:

The weather you are having makes me envious...
And I like what you saw and how you framed it, mostly so Photo 2 (love that one!), the "shutter" in Photo 4 and the contrast of blue and red in Photo 5.

(To be thinking that it is now almost 10 years ago that I was in Houston ... and I wasn't too much into photography at the time, more into video filming, so I did not take too many pics way back then --- and my husband already then never waited for me ever, and still does not, so photography with him by my side is always either a very rushed thing, or combined with spending more time looking for where he is than I can ever take for my photos ... :roll: --- but that is only an off-side remark. Forget it.)

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a lot of fun taking the tour because I learned new things about Houston and although I couldn't take a lot of time taking pictures (or the group would have left me...) I found a lot of places that I want to go back to when I have more time.

LaFoto said:
my husband already then never waited for me ever, and still does not, so photography with him by my side is always either a very rushed thing, or combined with spending more time looking for where he is than I can ever take for my photos ... :roll: --- but that is only an off-side remark. Forget it.)

I know exactly what you mean. Photography is a recent interest for me and so far my friends and family have been very patient while I take pictures. But this is always in the back of my mind while I'm pressing the button... that person standing there waiting.

Thanks guys. I'm partial to #6 and that mirror thing was so bizarre. I would never have known it was there. A fun find!

Most reactions

Back