The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This seems to be missing the ephemeral thing that makes a good picture and I can't figure out what it is.

12413-2006-05-20SWVacation_00131-.jpg

Try isolating the sky and brighten up, softly, the rest of the shot......what is the object sticking up in the horizen?

Well I would crop just above the solo clouds to make frame tighter... your interest in this shot is the curves of the walkway and rails, so don't steal anything from that...

The low lighting to your left works well on those curves, but the horizon to me anyway is a bit dark, can it be lightened some..as is now, its like a black void in center of shot...The texture of the B+W is good but the tone is like one shade... puzels me , something done in processing...

As far as subject and composition , I think the curve is strong enough to pull this shot off! buttttt would have liked to see some more of the curve included in foreground right..

I think all it need is just more tonal range.
Open up a levels layer. Paint a mask over the sky. Then adjust the levels. (pull the right triangle to the left, just before the histogram starts to curve up)

It made a big difference to me. It brings out the curve of the rail which is a strong line in the photo.

I would post the edit, but I hate the way jpg's look after you re-encode them from a small file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back