WalMart film to CD

In fact any company that uses a Fuji Frontier set on automatic usually gets similar results. Try asking them to turn down the sharpening. Good luck on that one tho...

I just wanted to repeat what you wrote. Most places have the same equipment and run it with the same settings, so if you go to anyone with the same Fuji equipment, you'll get pretty much the same results.

What anyone needs to do, is start asking at every store until you find someplace that doesn't use the Fuji equipment. Good luck. Otherwise, saying that Walmart, Costco, CVS, or some name place is at fault, is not correct. It's partly the equipment they use and partly who is operating it. Find a good operator and you'll be happy.

I don't have film to CD scans done anymore, since I shoot almost all digital. First roll of film I shot after getting a good DSLR, I thought my old camera was broken, the film was bad, and the processing stunk. Then I looked back and discovered that digital is so much brighter and sharper, that it was just my eyes that had changed. :mrgreen:

True, some places have better people and get better results out of the Fuji equipment. I have one near me, and I'm happy with the results. That's where I have my 8 x 10s printed, that I sell. No complaints from me or the buyers.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have used a CVS near me in the past for prints and I was quite happy with them, however its been several years since I used their services.

It dawned on me late last night that since I only want the film developed and the shots archived to a CD, I could justscan the negatives myself - duh! You only have to hit me in the head a few hundred times with a brick before the light comes on.LOL. But it's a tedious process for someone with little patience. I guess its the lesser of the two evils though.
Thanks everyone.

I got a CVS photo CD recently and was happy with the results. Maybe I just have low standards?

Oh well. You all have me curious. I'm going to bring the negs to my scanner at school and see what comes up. It's a Nikon Cool scan just to let you know.

I once had a bad experience with the photo dept in Sams Club. It lost like have of my pics that uploaded.

I got a CVS photo CD recently and was happy with the results. Maybe I just have low standards?

Someone said it can depend on "who" is on duty at the time. As I mentioned above abot WalMart, I obviously didn't get the "A" team.

I once had a bad experience with the photo dept in Sams Club. It lost like have of my pics that uploaded.

Sam's Club is a division of WalMart....

I guess its all coming down to a little bit preference on the consumer's part and the fact that some store employees in the photo depatments can operate the equipment better than others. In closer examination of my negatives I have found a few that were scratched as well.

I took a roll of film to be processed at SAMS club after a trip to sweden. Dont ask me what i was thinking, but i had the same thing happen to me. I was LIVID!!!! I took the cd back, and the negatives back and made them do it right AND give me my money back. I will never do that again!!

put it this way guys i work for walmart and im NOT happy with there cd's either. I think the number one reason they suck is because of the resolution. Open up one of your images in a prossessing program, and you will find it is just a 4 x 6 scanned at 300 DPI, there is absoutly NO margin for enlarging. Personaly I think you should either scan the print, neg, or slide your self, or use the cd as a refrence, and make standard prints of what you like later.

If you don't mind spending the money, NCPS in California is supposedly the best for scanning to CD's. The cost for developing and scanning is about $ 10 per roll. Return mail is $ 6.00. Probably more for 9 rolls.

DaveO

Can anyone recommend a place that does a good job of film to CD? I've got 8 rolls to develop and I can't afford the cost of prints so film to CD is my only option. My husband mentioned Ritz camera or CVS. Any suggestions?

I have tried Wolf Camera (now the same as Ritz) and wasn't very impressed. To be fair though, I think they have like a "premium" option that cost a lot more that I don't think I got. I have also tried Wal-mart, Walgreens, Jewel, and a couple others. I don't really use film very much anymore because of the cost but I now usually go to Jewel, which is a grocery store chain around this area- they are owned by Albertson's which I think is in other areas. They use Kodak equipment and have been as good- maybe slightly better than anywhere else.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back