Want serioUsly cheap Yashica C, D or 124 G/accessories

Floyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just bought a Yashica C over ebay but it doesn't load I was ripped off so I'm looking for another on the cheap (I'm a student photographer and poor) that I can have for parts or in good cond. and I could use the one I have for parts.

I would also be just as interested in finding a fully functional Yashica D or 124 G. I also need accessories stuff like flash/flash bracket/tripod mount/lens attachments and whatnot. I'd eventually come here to find out how to use flash. Do you need a special tripod for medium format Yashica's different to SLR ones? If you do I also need a good tripod and so the list goes on.

I have considerable experience with the Yashica TLR's. You say the camera won't load ? Can you tell what the problem is ? Are there broken parts ?

P Bailey said:
I have considerable experience with the Yashica TLR's. You say the camera won't load ? Can you tell what the problem is ? Are there broken parts ?

Well it came with a film in it which shot fine but when I went to load more film it didn't stop at 1 and go tight it just kept winding all the way through, I stuffed that film and kept practicing with it and find that it will load correctly one out of every twenty something times. It's as if it's not touching the part inside of it which advances the counter most of the time or something. When you stick your finger in and manually flick it and mess with it it works though so it does need a proffessional servicing I think and so does my teacher who also had a look at it.

It probably needs to be cleaned. I doubt there is anything broken. I could probably fix it, but the shipping would cost more than it is worth. You might find someone local to do the work..
Good luck

Floyd said:
Just bought a Yashica C over ebay but it doesn't load I was ripped off so I'm looking for another on the cheap (I'm a student photographer and poor) that I can have for parts or in good cond. and I could use the one I have for parts.

I would also be just as interested in finding a fully functional Yashica D or 124 G. I also need accessories stuff like flash/flash bracket/tripod mount/lens attachments and whatnot. I'd eventually come here to find out how to use flash. Do you need a special tripod for medium format Yashica's different to SLR ones? If you do I also need a good tripod and so the list goes on.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Ebay! Did you try to return it or was it sold AS IS?

Any TLR (Twin Lens Reflex) camera will have a tripod hole on the bottom. Use a good tripod, such as the ones made by Manfrotto, you might be able to find a used one. Usually a good tripod for a SLR will do but later, when you'll 'graduate' to higher end medium format cameras you will need a sturdier tripod.

Any flash with cord sync. will work with the Yashicas by plugging it into the flash socket, find one with a higher Guide Number (usually over 60 is better). A bracket is necessary since Yashicas don't really come with a usable hot shoe or flash shoe.

As for lens attachments, you will need an adapter for various filters since Yashica TLR camera lenses have a bayonet mount in front. Also, since they do not have removable lenses, you can only add a tele or a wide angle attachment in front of them. You might be able to find some on Ebay.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back