Want some gum?

AFarhat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The fun Pikes Place Market in Seattle.

Along with two pictures of my first attempts to long exposure photos.

All taken with Portra iso800.

Your horizons are painfully crooked.

Don't feel bad about the horizons, it's probably one of the most common problems. I've been doing this for over 40 years and still get a crooked horizon or a leaning building occasionally....If it wasn't for Photoshop I'd be in trouble all the time.....

To me the first one is cool in a gross kinda a way. What are the floating lights in the 3rd?

If you are looking for long exposures why iso 800? Higher ISO creates noise and you have a lot of it

How would the first one look if the colors where enhanced?

If you are looking for long exposures why iso 800? Higher ISO creates noise and you have a lot of it

I think they were shot with film, Portra, but yes more noticeable grain and to top it off, noise inherent with a not-up-to-par scanning process.

This was the first time working with a longer exposure, and that just happened to be the film I had in my camera. I didn't realize how much the ISO on film makes such a huge difference.
I do agree with you, with the first shot not being super sharp. The lens I was using was a generic kit lens and is rather hard for me to get into focus.

I think they were shot with film, Portra, but yes more noticeable grain and to top it off, noise inherent with a not-up-to-par scanning process.

I don't have a scanner, nor the equipment to process my own film, so I sent this in to get developed and scanned. I will be fixing most of that very shortly. I'll be making better decisions with my film from now on.

Is that a gum wall??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is the gum wall. I thought it might be a little bit of a different take on it.

Thank you all for the insight, and helping me realize that if I don't take my time with my set up and equipment, the photo is very often hardly worth taking.

Most reactions

Back