Want to get to grips with this.

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't post photos very often and many of my images go by with no comments/responses. I'm not really sure why as I try to post shots I'm reasonably happy with.

This is a more recent one, again passed over for whatever reason. Please let me know what is wrong/missing.

Titled "Waiting"

Waiting.jpg

i think my problem with this image is excessive dead space. the blackness on top and bottom remind me of a DVD in letterbox, plus the fence adds an interesting texture to the halfpipe, but i feel it distracts from the image rather than adds.

also, since your title is waiting, i'd say you'd be better off with a much closer up shot of the subjects face. emotions being portrayed would be annoyance at being kept waiting or perhaps worry that something has happened. at this distance, you can't see anything in terms of emotion.

hope that helps

I find the fence a bit distracting too. Take the shot from a different area to fill the frame and remove the fence from the pic would improve it.

I like this photo. There are a lot of nice shapes and lines. The black fence breaks up the ramp highlight. The background guard rail is lit well and provides highlights in the shadow area. I would try a cropped version. Take a bunch off the top and the left.

It feels busy to me. I'm not entirely sure where I'm supposed to look.
I do enjoy that I am assaulted by the colors, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back