Want to work for a newspaper?

The field of nursing is as strong as ever, and in fact will be growing even stronger with Obamacare because more people will have access to healthcare.

Absolutely! My younger brother (much younger than I) did research before he entered college on my advice and my parents. He chose to enter into nursing. Not only does he have better prospects in the medical field BUT being a male nurse puts him in even a better position to compete for jobs. He will also have the opportunity to be represented by a Union (yes double edge sword) but many other professions are not privy to such representation.

I apologize if my post implied that nursing is a field that is tanking or in trouble or anything. Not intended.

All I mean was that on the list of the top 50 industries with the most projected growth over the next 10 years, multiple medical subfields were listed, but nursing was not (except for elderly care facility nursing).

This does not mean that nursing is shrinking or anything like that. Just not in the top 50, that's all, on a couple of lists that only focus on one major variable. Also, keep in mind that the list is probably also built from projections of current growth, so I doubt it would take into account what might happen or will happen when pre-existing Obamacare conditions kick in.

Most reactions

Back