WANTED: Bulk roll film loader, leader retriever and...

Floyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
WANTED: Bulk roll film loader, leader retriever and change bag. I'd prefer one of those square durable bulk roll loaders. If someone can help me with these or is kind enough to donate any of them to a poor pathetic student like myself I'd be eternally grateful.

Umm...I saw one in a local used camera equipment store...you could send me the money, and Ill buy it for you :) but thats if no one else has one to sell :)

Artemis said:
Umm...I saw one in a local used camera equipment store...you could send me the money, and Ill buy it for you :) but thats if no one else has one to sell :)

First you need to tell me which thing it was you saw??? :lol: And how much was it? I'm preferably looking for a daylight bulk roll loader.

If you want a bulk loader, you should pick one up on eBay. I have two Alden 74s that were only about $10 each (plus a bit more with shipping to Canada...). The Watson equivalent is slightly cheaper. They do go for a lot more sometimes, but if you try a few items you'll eventually win one for a good price.

For a leader retriever I recommend Dymo label tape. Seriously. I've never used a leader retriever in my life, I just stick a piece of Dymo tape with the backing removed into the film cassette. Sticky side in, push until it gets stuck, then wind it into the cassette for a bit. Give it a tug and it will come out with the film quite easily. If the leader is still attached to the film, I suggest putting it into the cassette on the top where the tape will contact it first.

Changing bags should really be bought new, you don't know what's happened to a used one. The internal bag could be punctured, etc. and it's really hard to check that. B&H is a good place to order that sort of thing. Don't cheap out and get the smallest version, there's not enough room inside!

Most reactions

Back