Wanted Dead or Alive

outsidesnowanddogpics065.jpg
not so good outside pics.. going back to lesson board for outdoor.. lighting faded dobie.. and enhanced collie..

Make my Day...nice Dobie!
I showed this to my JRT and he ran and hid.
Haha, thanks ..
outsidesnowanddogpics077.jpg
this one taken after we were done playing..

I like the composition on this one. Not sure about the exposure though...I'm not an expert by any stretch but it seems a little off...It seems a little over exposed? Experts, is that correct? (I'm learning as I go...I need to ask the pros for backup here...LoL)

I like the composition on this one. Not sure about the exposure though...I'm not an expert by any stretch but it seems a little off...It seems a little over exposed? Experts, is that correct? (I'm learning as I go...I need to ask the pros for backup here...LoL)
i think you are totally correct.. i am changing all the settings and going back out there...lol

i love dobbies, i have one myself so i like it :)

I find it hard to get good shots of my dog if she is aware that I am taking pictures. She will focus on the camera and I get a result like yours (but it doesn't look as good). I usually try to snap pictures when she is too tired to care what I am doing or when she is playing with someone else. Im looking forward to seeing some more shots. That is an awesome dog.
since this pic and every pic since she is the same frown if she knows i am taking her pic... i have to get her natural to get anything different..:lol:

Getting interesting posed shots of dogs is extremely hard. It requires training and tricks so don't feel bad about your results.

Check out William Wegman. Probably the best known dog photog. I remember reading something (book, article, ?) about his way of working so it is out there. Here's his Wiki page to get you started. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wegman_(photographer)

Btw, when just sitting there, I think dogs tend to look sad whether or not they are.

Good luck.

Getting interesting posed shots of dogs is extremely hard. It requires training and tricks so don't feel bad about your results.

Check out William Wegman. Probably the best known dog photog. I remember reading something (book, article, ?) about his way of working so it is out there. Here's his Wiki page to get you started. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wegman_(photographer)

Btw, when just sitting there, I think dogs tend to look sad whether or not they are.

Good luck.
thanks very much.. i appreciate the link... and i will certainly keep trying...lol

Well, i make weird noises to get my dog's attention and look into the camera since mine seems to only like his side profile and like to look head on to the camera...
I think you did a good job with the picture. I think the white background look good too.

Well, i make weird noises to get my dog's attention and look into the camera since mine seems to only like his side profile and like to look head on to the camera...
I think you did a good job with the picture. I think the white background look good too.
thanks for the kind words... i will definitly cherish them... i will continue to practice.. i love taking their pics... and sooner or later i will show improvement .. but always nice to hear positive reply... gives me hope...;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back