wanted to start selling

thekidjuno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i wanted to start selling my photographs... i dont really know where to start... i know i have to get them printed and framed, but besides that, whats a good price to sell at?

heres a peice of my work

moutains2T.jpg

it sais chosen cuz i dont want anyone to steal it, and if i had a photography company it wud be chosen productions

anywase... any input on good price? where to sell? how to sell?

thanks

Jesus Bless

Good luck printing it if it's noisy at 800px tall. (Read as: the quality is too low.) Perhaps you have higher resolution images?

ok um i have no idea how to change it HAHA... i use photoshop 7

does it matter what u save it as? like jpeg or gif?

There's no need to scribble on the photos to display them online. Even if I were to print that picture to get anything acceptable out of it it would be smaller than 6x4. The resolution of online images are far from those required for a sellable print.

The image itself looks a bit blurry, already at this resolution.

It doesn't matter what you save it as providing the compression fits. I use high quality JPEGs and never have any issues.

i wanted to start selling my photographs... i dont really know where to start... i know i have to get them printed and framed, but besides that, whats a good price to sell at?

Place to Start -> Questions that Need to Be Answered:

(1) Have you thought about how to get your name/work out there?
(2) Is there a specific type of photography that you do that would help narrow down (1)?
(3) Do you have a website to help with (1) and to clarify (2)?

Also, no offense, but if you're asking about resolution and the difference between JPG and GIF, you should probably be doing some more basic research before you look into how to sell your work. Such as learning about image types (RAW, TIFF, JPG, etc.). And resolution (pixels per inch and dots per inch). And how photographs are printed these days and what to look for in a good print.

Also, no offense, but if you're asking about resolution and the difference between JPG and GIF, you should probably be doing some more basic research before you look into how to sell your work. Such as learning about image types (RAW, TIFF, JPG, etc.). And resolution (pixels per inch and dots per inch). And how photographs are printed these days and what to look for in a good print.
I'll second that. Not meant as a slam by any means, but it seems you haven't been doing a whole lot of research as far as finalizing your product.

I would equate your question as far how to save the image to someone wanting to open a restaurant, then asking if it's best to fry, grill, or bake a hamburger. If you're to the point of opening up a business, you should already have your preference according to your talents.

To answer your original question though, I'm sure you could browse around to several other photographers' web sites and get some prices. I too would like to get around to selling some of my shots, but I don't have a sufficient library built up yet.

Good luck! And post the link to your web site when you get it up and running. I really like the original image - I just hope you have a higher resolution save somewhere! What were your camera's settings when you took the picture?

wow i didnt kno there was this mutch to it...

i dont even kno my camera settings... i guess ima do some google searching then get back to u guys haha

Your camera settings were 1/60 second at F/3.2, ISO 80, Exposure Program Normal.

ok lol wow.... does anyone kno how to change it on the kodak easyshare z650? or is it even possible

(i have a feeling ur guna tell me to get a diffrent camera haha)

I don't have that camera and since its not a Canon or a Nikon I can't really help you out as far as changing settings. But, I'm sure you have a manual and that is a good place to start. That was the first thing I did when I got my dSLR was skim through the manual and learn the modes.

From what I can tell there is a PASM mode on the dial and that should give you access to all your manual exposure programs...Tv, Av, P, M. That should be a start for you right there. Now go read up on it!

Im a newb so excuse the question but how did you tell the settings from looking at the picture...

Im a newb so excuse the question but how did you tell the settings from looking at the picture...

You look at the EXIF information that's embedded in the picture. On your computer there are a few ways to do it (you can right click and choose Properties). I don't know how you look at the EXIF of a picture posted online without downloading it to your computer. I've never tried.

ok lol wow.... does anyone kno how to change it on the kodak easyshare z650? or is it even possible

Okay, again, no offense, but this is a case where you should just look at the manual that came with the camera. If any of the terms confuse you, ask about them in a separate thread (Beginners' Place), or Google search.

If you save the image he posted and open it in photograph processing software, you can see the settings used (saved in what I believe is called the EXIF data).

Most reactions

Back