TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, it's been a while.

Anyway, lately I've been looking into doing car photography but I've gotta build a portfolio. Here's a shot I did today with my moms car, and I got a few other photos, but I like this one!

bJ5vQmC.jpg

Hey, young dude!

Second edit is better.

I hope you are continuing to work on composition and framing, because this detail shot isn't much to look at. Sorry.

I like the idea of it, but I think what isn't working is the empty looking license plate and logo being so prominent in the picture. Maybe trying different perspectives and angles when you're taking the photo could get a more interesting composition.

This may seem a bit much but I think I'd want to lop off about a third of the photo to the right. (On rare occasion as much as it can be hard to do it, I've done a major crop when I found reason to do so.) To me what would be interesting would be the design of part of the car in view against the background with the buildings which tell where it is (I'm a hockey fan...).

I like what you were going for, I might make copies and play around with some crops or do some reshooting and think about how you're framing - more foreground? less? so you don't get just the edge of the curb. I think a lighter touch with the second edit would make he processing seem less noticeable.

Most reactions

Back