Warbird pics

Ant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took some photos at the RAF museum at Hendon (North London) a few weeks ago. Just thought I'd share a couple of my favourites for anyone who might have a slight interest in aircraft pics.

hendon_P51.jpg

Hendon_109.jpg

that looks a lot like the smithsonian air&space museum in Washington, DC.... here, stateside

Scott WRG Editor said:
Nice shots, I didn't know Black 6 was back on display.

Thanks. The accident was back in '97 so it's static only now of course.

I don't know exactly when it was restored to it's current state and put back on display.

Nice website Scott. I'm off to Duxford this weekend for the airshow. Hopefully I'll get some good shots of these machines in their proper environment :D

If I get any good ones I'll put them up.

Very thoughtful of you to lead with a P51, nice shots both of them!

Well, I went to the excellent Duxford airshow...so here's some more pics.

P7100031.jpg

P7100105.jpg

P7100347.jpg

vonnagy said:
fabulous shots!

Is that a thunderbolt in the seconds series number 2? Really dig the last shot too, looks very shiny!

Thanks. Yep that's a P47 Thunderbolt. It flew too, as did almost all the old aircraft there.

P7100441.jpg

Glad to see so many aviation buffs around here! I'm a die hard as well. I have a fly-in breakfast at my local airport. I'll be there bright and early to catch the morning light.

-Brett :)

photobug said:
Great shots Ant. Love seeing those old birds in the air.

Yes, they look great in the air.

P7100407.jpg

Unfortunately, whilst I was pretty impressed with the photos that my Oly 750 took on the ground it was a bit of a hit and miss affair getting airborne shots due to the shutter lag and relatively slow focus.

I'm starting to save my pennies because I'm determined to go to next year's show with a Nikon D70 and a couple of lenses :)

If anybody is interested in seeing ny more pics of this airshow just go here:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=014594

Most reactions

New Topics

Back