Warning: Creepy Clown photo

Je-C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
je-c.smugmug.com
Hi. I thought I'd post a fair warning of a clown photo because of a modern wide-spread fear of the stupid critters. They're not quite human dressed up, thus they're critters. I took this photo when I was in the 10th grade, 7 years ago or so, in Portland Oregon.
Yeah anyway, I was wondering if anyone had more suggestions for this blown out photo. I did what I could. Does it improve the image or nah? If possible, could someone post up the same pic and show me it can be done? It's pretty discouraging to try to improve a photo and then nitpick at the stupid stuff. How's it look? I de-sat'd it and used burn with opacities of around 50%. Thanks for all the help.

Attempted improvement.
10054266-L.jpg

Original scan.
10054268-L.jpg

I think it did improve the photo and from what I can see is about as good as it's going to get from the original quality.
Terry

hahaha, that's great! reminds me of the one clown episode of Are you Afraid of the Dark on nickalodean :D

also, i like the gritty feel of the first one more personally.

-Dan

trtjazz said:
I think it did improve the photo and from what I can see is about as good as it's going to get from the original quality.
Terry

i agrre with trtjazz. I'll work on it and see what happens...maybe nothing :wink: otherwise, you did a good job!

yeah..what IS it with everyone being afraid of clowns????

I also really like the gritty feel of it. I just wish there weren't that washed out part through the center.

core, maybe its because of the 'It' (or was it 'thing'?) movie ?, ha ha (i dont know the english title, here,in Poland the movie was called 'Coś' ) have you seen it? - i saw it looong ago, when i was a kid and i still think about Clown showing up from the toilet or a sink ,ha ha :shocked:- it was scary, ha ha

this movie was the first thing i thought about when i saw this pics!-:)
cool shot,btw!

anua said:
core, maybe its because of the 'It' (or was it 'thing'?) movie ?, ha ha (i dont know the english title, here,in Poland the movie was called 'Coś' ) have you seen it? - i saw it looong ago, when i was a kid and i still think about Clown showing up from the toilet or a sink ,ha ha :shocked:- it was scary, ha ha

cool shot,btw!

"It".....the clowns name was Pennywise. Where is terri? I know she just loves them.

Heh heh.."It" is one of my favorite movies!!! Actually, all things Stephen King RULE! And I used to torture my stepsister with that movie...we'd watch it, and I'd put everything I had that was clown related out in plain view...course...it was only like three things, but it was enough to give her the heebie-jeebies. I'm awful, aren't I? :twisted:

Heh heh.."It" is one of my favorite movies!!! Actually, all things Stephen King RULE! And I used to torture my stepsister with that movie...we'd watch it, and I'd put everything I had that was clown related out in plain view...course...it was only like three things, but it was enough to give her the heebie-jeebies. I'm awful, aren't I?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ive had no idea it was Stephen King ....i was 11 when i saw it last time...and im still thinking about this clown in the sink (or was it toilet?)...all those years... ha ha

steve817 said:
anua said:

cool shot,btw!

"It".....the clowns name was Pennywise. Where is terri? I know she just loves them.

I've been staring at this thread title, attempting to overcome my petty fears, Mister!! :wink: [Aside:: Thank you, God, for making this image not nearly as hideous as I envisioned. /End prayer] :wink:

I've had a fear of clowns all my life....ruined family trips to the circus as a child, screamed when they suddenly came on TV, etc., etc.

Everyone knows you can't trust one of those painted bastards. They're just waiting for you to turn your back! :|

Thanks for the comments, and I don't find clowns freaky at all really. I just thought this photo might be a bit spooky to some because of the skull.

Also, thanks for the attempt, hobbes. Did you just burn carefully with opacity?

Most reactions

Back