WARNING *cute kitten*

jadin

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Website
jadinhanson.smugmug.com
DSC_3174.jpg

Can't really see any of the face. Way too dark. Not really liking the cut off ear. DOF looks good though. Is the cat being held up by a hand? Not the best way to get a good pose.

Too dark? Heh I even brightened it so no one would say that! Make sure your monitor is calibrated.

Not the best way to get a good pose? Hehe it's the only way to get a pose!! She won't stand still for nothing, unless I catch her napping.

Not the best way to get a good pose? Hehe it's the only way to get a pose!! She won't stand still for nothing, unless I catch her napping.

I know, but you can tell about the pose.

Mointor seems fine with everything else. Maybe it's just me.

It does not look too dark on my monitors but I agree about the the ear. the photo also seems to have a greenish tint that im not crazy about. It is a great subject though, definatly worth a reshoot :)

it is not too dark here... it's fine :) and I like the kitten :)

awww.....a very cute kitten... :) No doubt, this young kitten isn't going to pose! :lol: I like the way he's being held up. Have to agree about the ear.

It does appear dark on my screen, as well. Not overly dark, but there is an unfortunate greenish-yellow cast to the whole image. Any way to brighten it and make the colors more pure? Such a cute kitty, looking right into the camera!

I think the lighting problem comes with where the light source is positioned. The light makes the back and legs of the cat white, while the face is still very dark and sort of muddied. There is not enough contrast on the face or something.

However, I understand how difficult it is to get a photograph of an animal, even pets, so I think you did a good job overall. Every photo I have taken of my wife's dog looks like crap, so I intentionally try to make it have as bright of a glow in the eyes as possible to prove that it's evil.

the lighting seems fine to me. i agree, that is a very cute kitten. about the crop though, i think if the ear gets cropped off like that i think it would be better to crop it in farther so as to emphasize the kitten's face as the subject, not it's body and head. i also think if you cropped it very tightly on the left side (just about an inch to the left of the ear) and left the right side the way it is it would further center in the subject (not literally centered). i really like the kitten in this shot! i bet it was a tough model to shoot :)

:idea:Hi Jadin I Just had an idea with your cute picture. Since its right ear is just mirror reverse of its left, I figured you could use the lasso tool feathered to about 10px in PS on the tip of its left ear then paste and copy in onto a new layer and rotate it, horozontal flip for the mirror reversed right ear, and move it in position over where its right ear should be. Then flatten all the layers and you have all its right ear back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back