**WARNING** Dead Animal Photos....**BEWARE**

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I am posting these photos of my fiance's hunting outting. He shot a deer (so did his dad) and I am very proud of him. He has spent so much time hunting and went for weeks (first bow hunting then shotgun) and he didn't come back with anything until this past weekend.

These are snapshots: Thanks.

Picture2060.jpg

Picture2052.jpg

Picture2044.jpg

Yes, we will have 20lbs of meat. I am not a huge fan of it but I have only had it twice. I am going to try the jerky to see if I might like that.

congrats to your fiance. only 20lbs of meat? they look bigger than that. I got almost 80lbs off my buck last year. i wish I had photos to share from this years hunt, but alas i was unsuccessful ... although its probably a good thing as I still have a freezer full from last year. A close friend just gave me some of his corn-fed nebraska deer he took last weekend. I've got venison chili in the crockpot as we speak, can't wait to get home tonight... :drool:

Ya...20 lbs of meat isn't very much...there is definitely more that that on either of those deer. Maybe he's splitting it with other people.

I'm not a hunter myself (unless it's with a camera)...but my wife's cousins are very into hunting. I do go out and 'push bush' for them sometimes. We usually benefit quite a bit as they are very generous with all the meat. Jerky is a favorite of mine...if it's made well. Sausages or smokies are pretty good...even better if they are mixed with a little pit of pork or something.

We often get some ground deer meat...which can be a little dry and gamey...but if you mix it with some pork or fatty beef...it's pretty good. Or, make something with a rich sauce. Deer Lasagna is awfully good.

Well he got 20lbs from his deer and his fathers deer was just donated. He was told that she was 3.5 years old. Well I am not sure if thats old or not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back