WARNING! Wet Feet & Dragonfly

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The last one is kind of ho-hum, but everyone else seems to like posting dragonflies, so I figured; why not?

:thumbup: C&C, please! :thumbup:

#1 - WARNING!
warning.jpg

#2 - Wet Feet
wet_feet.jpg

#3 - Dragonfly
dragonfly.jpg

these pics aren't appealing to me.

#1 the angle doesn't work for me. seems awkward...i do however like how the top of the sign matches the beginning of the bridge. good lines in that aspect.

#2 okk

#3 wish it was closer

This thread, it doesn't deliver. I was expecting something exciting and dangerous with a giant annoying WARNING tag on it and all I get is this stuff? Man, I so dissapoint.

Like dak1b mentioned, #3 needs to be much closer. There's too much empty space around the fly. A macro shot highlighting the fly's color pattern or other interesting features would be great.

best wishes

This thread, it doesn't deliver. I was expecting something exciting and dangerous with a giant annoying WARNING tag on it and all I get is this stuff? Man, I so dissapoint.
I was thinking two things:
1. The dragonfly was on a wet foot
or
2. The photographer was getting there feet wet as in new to shooting dragonflys (which may kind of be the cast).
Wes

So I myself have been trying to get closer to these dragon and damselflies, but they are really finicky. I only have a 18-55 lens at the moment, so it's probably significantly harder than someone with say a 70-300, but get any closer with a kit lens and you're sharing the same air.

1) doesn't do too much for me other than the play on the lines from the baricade to the bridge, though I do like the dutch angle. Maybe if it were darker outside, and the light was lit, etc it'd draw you in more toward a sense of danger.

Thanks for the comments! Sorry about the thread title, lol. I've never heard of a damselfly, so now I know what to call it! At the time, I didn't have my 70-300mm Sigma. I only had the 18-55mm kit lens. I agree, they're tricky little buggers. I'll have to go back with my longer lens sometime.

I cropped the first one on that wild angle because the sky was blown out... I liked it, so I figured I'd see what others thought.

Here's another try of the second one. Black and white, like suggested, and a bit more contrast to show the footprints a bit more:

wet_feet_bw.jpg

On the money.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back