Warszawska Gieda Fotograficzna, the biggest photo market in Poland (Warsaw)

anua

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.portretowa.pl
...i was hesitating if this should be posted here, or maybe in the collectors corner.....but since the Giełda market is not only the old gear market - ive decided to post it here as a photo 'location'....

Oki, so if you are ever gonna travel Poland, you'll prolly visit Warsaw too....not many people know that every Sunday,at the center of Warsaw(the building is a bit hidden, tho), from 10 am - to a 2 pm, the biggest Photo Market in Poland takes its place....
You can find really interesting 'old', collector's stuffs there but theres also a huge section of the new gear, films, chemicals, studio equipment - in fact - you can get almost everything in there, and the prices are much lower than they are in stores...i go there very often, and everytime im there i know im gonna meet someone i know, some 'photo friends' - people are really friendly there, and you can have beer with them there too, cause Giełda's bar is really well equipped-;) :mrgreen:
You prolly won't find any info about it in any tourist guide,(i havent seen many tourists there, really), so i thought i'd post a few pics of the place and a map here.

this is how it looks like:

to1.jpg

this is the first floor -> the floor of a 'new gear'

to2.jpg

used darkroom equipment section

to3.jpg

second floor is more like a 'collector's floor'

to4.jpg

you can find really interesting stuffs in collector's corner, but also a 'faked' ones, like this almost real leica - its made from an original parts from a damaged old leicas and put into a new, 'shining' body :lmao: the lady claims it works.

to6.jpg

to5.jpg

cameraaaas!

and heres a map:

to7.jpg

the easiest way to get there is to take a Metro (subway) <'Kabaty' dirrection if you are in the Center>, you have to go out at the Pole Mokotowskie station (the bottom of the map, its one or two stops from the center) and find a Stodo&#322;a building, which is very close. It wont be hard to find it, cause most of the people you see there will carry a photobag, so the easiest way is just to follow the man with a bag (with a white rabbit inside-;), ha ha-:)

ah....and for those who are interested with computers.....at the back of the Photo Market building theres a biggest Computer Market place, its outside, tho....
I havent been there, so i cant say how it looks like - but from what i know its really huuuuge. And it takes place at the same time as a Photo Market.

cheers!-:)

anj

ps. if you have any question, you can always pm me-:)

now that is the place I want to be :goodvibe:

let's say I would visit Warsaw by christmas, could we meet? I guess Gielda is on sunday so that would be fine and I need a new enlarger (some glass is broken and it would be fine if it would accept negatives up to 9x12 :D).

what you think of that? :sexywink: :)

i would love to meet, Peter!
im just not sure yet what are my christmas plans...but if im in warsaw during the christmas i'd really like to see you!-:)

Most reactions

Back