Was I too tough on this guy?(link to a car forum where a photography fued broke out)

And be careful how you act on a whim when you're really tired.

2 lessons for the price of one thread.

Yeah, but you know what? I've written some of my best flames when I was tired. It tends to bring out the emotion, which can be both good and bad. Hopefully in your case it will turn out good. (From the looks of some of the posts over there it will) :thumbup:

Write out the flame, by all means. Just don't post it.

Alot of that emotion can be turned into something better if you have a more leveled head.

That was a great example of someone being an absolute, straight out douched bag. I'm sorry to put it that way, but you were an ass. I understand pet peeves but that was not necessary at all.

I didn't tell the OP to quit taking photos, but to kick down the high and mighty noob photographer attitude that nearly everyone who buys a DSLR goes through

This is what made you look like a douche. You're the one with the high and mighty attitude. If you look at the guy's OP, he didn't have any attitude whatsoever.

"Enjoy!"

;):lmao:

Write out the flame, by all means. Just don't post it.

Alot of that emotion can be turned into something better if you have a more leveled head.

+1!
Seriously get it out of your system by typing it all out in notepad and then take a little break and see what you have written. Then scrap it and write something proper or walk away from the thread. Far better than getting into long flamewars - where nobody ever actualy wins (barring mods cause they cheat with that locking thing)

I wrote a flame on a forum once, when I was drunk, and it was a very vulgar doozey (or at least my drunk ass thought it was). Fortunately in my drunken stupor, i mistakenly hit the cancel post button, instead the the post button. When I woke up, sober, I went to edit/delete it and apologize, but was relieved when I found it wasn't there! :biggrin:

I wrote a flame on a forum once, when I was drunk, and it was a very vulgar doozey (or at least my drunk ass thought it was). Fortunately in my drunken stupor, i mistakenly hit the cancel post button, instead the the post button. When I woke up, sober, I went to edit/delete it and apologize, but was relieved when I found it wasn't there! :biggrin:

Is the new lesson to get hammered next time I am feeling heated? lol

No never, dunk posting is never good. On saying that, ive drunk so much i can hardly see. Tinternets and alcohol do not mix

wait... you're posting on a forum to gain a moral compass about something you said on another forum? really?

go you... take advice from the internet. thats the key to life success right there.

I love how you critique his use of the word Enjoy. Such a petty thing to get all twisted up about.

Seeing how you spoke to him about his stuff, I find it almost laughably hypocritical to say he comes off as "a bitt full of yourself."

Sure the photos were not that great but that post just lacked any tact or intelligent feedback that could help him in anyway.

No never, dunk posting is never good. On saying that, ive drunk so much i can hardly see. Tinternets and alcohol do not mix

Sorry but I gotta call BS. DPing is fun when you've got the right forum. Especially if you've got some eDrinking buddies to join you. :drool:

Nothing says drunk posting like slurring when you type. :D

Sorry but I gotta call BS. DPing is fun when you've got the right forum. Especially if you've got some eDrinking buddies to join you. :drool:

Nothing says drunk posting like slurring when you type. :D

ha ha dunk posting

wait... you're posting on a forum to gain a moral compass about something you said on another forum? really?

go you... take advice from the internet. thats the key to life success right there.

yep, I figured out the secret.

Yup, total douche move.
That wasn't necessary at all. Nowhere in the post did the kid claim to be pro.
The comment about putting enjoy kind of irritated me too. He said "hope you enjoy" which was not cocky at all like you were saying.
Man all i can say is you better have some damn good pictures to back up all your bashing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back