Was lost. But now is found.

I am totally taking notes on all of the recommendations!

If you like Islay and haven't tried Lagavulin 16 yet, it would be my top pick. Where Laphroaig has the burnt wood campfire smell. Lagavulin is almost a smoked meat fragrance. A very well rounded Scotch.

Never was a Scotch guy but I like the pics and I'm reminded of some eggnog & Bacardi that want to get together and blend in with the crowd. (after lunch of course :02.47-tranquillity:)

A little Christmas cheer!

Scotchandbourbon.JPG

Just heard a whisper that there are some malt whiskey being made in Japan. Not sure of the details yet
.... makes the Mideast boggle
Scotch made in Japan.....

Just heard a whisper that there are some malt whiskey being made in Japan. Not sure of the details yet
.... makes the Mideast boggle
Scotch made in Japan.....

Not only are they making Scotch, but they are making some really good Scotch. And some very very expensive Scotch, too. A friend of mine brought me a bottle of Japanese Scotch a few years back after a business trip there. It was quite really tasty. Couldn't tell you the name if my life depended on it, but I'd buy it again if I could remember. And if I could afford it.

Japanese Whisky, tried a few but not to my taste. They tend to be simpler than Scottish whisky with not nearly as much complexity and as such I find them a bit lacking, tailing off too early, at least the 2 or 3 I've tried. But I tend towards the traditional anyway with my taste in alchohol. My Brother in law really rates the Japanese stuff so different strokes for different folks!

That is a great collection.

Once I mentioned I loved Laphroaig I had many suggestions to try Ardbeg and Lagavulin. A group I belong to have a verrrryyy devout "Cult of Ardbeg" and I just told them I can't join the cult because I'm the newest member of the.........

Lagavulin Legion copy.png

This should get the pot stirring. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back