Was my post count supposed to get reset?

snoobies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I joined back in 2008, as you can see, but after a time away from the forum, now coming back, my post count has been reset. Is this supposed to happen? I tried finding a forum rule that relates to this, but couldn't find anything.

Hmmmm.......what is your post count supposed to be?

Odd I don't see any posts in your posting history barring the few in 2012. Are you quite sure you actually posted things when you signed up in 2008? Also are you quite sure that you didn't end up making 2 accounts and that your posts are on a different account that you actually used?

I'm not aware of any direct post count reductions of members or mass thread removals - but its always possible that some old data might get lost without notice.

Yeah I was decently active on here for the first two years or so after registering and had in the range of 200-300 posts if I had to guess. This is the only account I setup here since I use this name for all forums that I visit (well, I've started using another name, but only within the last year or so, not back in 2008). I googled post count reset and found that post counts can be reset on forums that are somehow upgraded, among other bugs and what not. I just thought I'd ask and see if there's anything to do about it. My only concern was that I was thinking of selling a few things and didn't want people to be thrown off by my now-negligible post count, even though I joined back in 2008.

edit: Doh, you were right. Weirdly enough, I had registered snoobies in 2008 and sn00bies in 2009... not sure why. Looks like sn00bies was what I ended up using. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
I think I remember a sn00bie ;)
If you can confirm that you're now using that account I'll delete Snoobie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back