Washboard storm

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The sky really did look like it was falling.

DSC_0081_EDIT_show.jpg

really impressive ! what lens did you use ? did you make this a portrait composition with an ultra-wide angle ?

Whoa, this looks good!
I like the choice of vertical for a landscape (plus SKY!) photo, and the colours are really intense. Was it you who said most of his photos are HDR these days, in its subtlest of ways?
Or did you lighten the foreground in PS (I think I see a bit of a halo around the tree, maybe?)

Thank you, I was using the Nikkor 24-120mm VR at 24mm. Not wide, only equivalent to about 36mm. Now if I was using film, it would be wide.

EDIT (missed LaFoto):

Danke for the compliment! I have been doing a bunch of HDR's, and I actually tried to HDR this, but I just couldn't work it out the way that I wanted it to go. So I took the middle exposure and got pretty close to what I was looking for. I didn't really have to light the foreground in photoshop, some minor dodging did the job, the dead grass reflected the light off the clouds surprisingly well, In person, the grass was only slightly darker than the sky, now the mountains, not so much. The halo on the tree is just sharpening for web use.

When the Rogue Valley has wierd weather, it really is beutiful.
I didn't illustrate it very much when I was living there before, and was barely able to do shooting over christmas, so I'm trying to cram in as much landscape photography as I can between these past few weeks.

great colours, nicely done.

it almost looks as if you PS'd that tree on the right into the photo.

nice shot! great capture of the sky!

Thanks! In the full detail version, the tree looks fine, it's just the sharpening that gives it the halo.

I'm not going to explain what an HDR is again, you can use the search tool above and get about five dozen thread that explain it over and over, and probably better than what I would be able to tell you anyway.

I'm not going to explain what an HDR is again, you can use the search tool above and get about five dozen thread that explain it over and over, and probably better than what I would be able to tell you anyway.

Switch is in the off position!:lmao:

Most reactions

Back