Washington DC Meetup Planner

DC/Baltimore/Nova Strobist is planning a meetup. Tentative plans are for a shoot at the Weinberg Center for the Arts in Frederick, Md on February 20th. We're waiting for confirmation on the date for the location.

A small fee may be charged to cover food for everyone, but models will be supplied. If anyone's interested, I'll post the link to the thread on the Flickr group when everything is confirmed.

Sounds cool. This may be be a silly question but since it is a Strobist meetup does that mean attendees would be expected to own flash units and understand a lot about lighting? I just got my hands on my parents old SB-15 and I know nothing about lighting yet. Looking forward to seeing more definite dates.

Tentative:

National Zoo TFP Meet:
Welcome to the National Zoo| FONZ website - National Zoo| FONZ

Meet outside of the Zoo @ 10:00AM on Saturday, July 10th. Spend part of the day photographing Animals at the Zoo then those who want to can walk down towards the Adams Morgan Metro station to grab some food.

If anyone is interested in attending this, post up and I'll add you to the list. So far this event is tentative based on weather and such.

Attending
Village Idiot - Will
rocdoc
GFreg - Greg

Last edited:
God I'd love to go but I'm out of the country on Study Abroad starting this Sunday for a year... shooting at the Zoo is a lot of fun though, enjoy :)

Right now my schedule looks clear. I would like to be there.

-Greg

May have to push this back. It's supposed to storm on Saturday and I'm trying to save for a vacation the weekend after. If you guys want to wait until it's a little cooler out, we can try that.

Yeah, that is ok with me. I am not a huge fan of hot weather and if it is going to storm then there is not really any point. Would hate to get down there and get rained out.

anyone shooting this winter?? any plans. just got in to photography and trying to figure it out some.

I'm in Arlington, VA... should have come on here earlier to see if anyone had any location ideas

Most reactions

New Topics

Back