Watch

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a mechanical watch fan and collector I have been trying to take pictures of my watches always with very poor results.
I found watches to be very still but yet very hard to shoot.
I am pretty happy with these 2 shots, still have a long way to go but for me this is a big step to the right direction.

AE1_1186_zps2820b0f1.jpg

AE1_1178_zps70fed552.jpg

I have tried the same thing with a pocket watch of mine also with mixed results. Maybe try something more relaxed like the watch sitting somewhere you take it off or in a drawer with over watches. Try to break the product type photo.

I have tried the same thing with a pocket watch of mine also with mixed results. Maybe try something more relaxed like the watch sitting somewhere you take it off or in a drawer with over watches. Try to break the product type photo.
Thats what I am planing next but with these pictures I simply wanted to get watch pictures that are pleasing to the eye, once I got it then I can move on to improve them with a "softer" setting.

You need to shoot through a hole the size of your lense from behind a quite large white screen to avoid reflections. I like the first one and color reflections look lively, but a profesional jewelry/watch shooter will not like it at all.

What is with the colors you've got going there? Distracting.

Also, the reflective surface would not be my choice. The multiple reflections in #1 are distracting.

Why don't you pose the watches right-way up? I think the sideways lettering is distracting.

You need to shoot through a hole the size of your lense from behind a quite large white screen to avoid reflections. I like the first one and color reflections look lively, but a profesional jewelry/watch shooter will not like it at all.
I found 99% of the problem when shooting a watch is unwanted reflection so my main battle is find a way under my home condition understanding I dont have a studio is getting as reflection free shot as possible.
I am sure a professional jeweller wouldnt approve after all this project is a work in progress, trust me if you would see the pictures I got last time I shot this same watch you would understand how far I already advanced but I still have a long way to go.........LONG!!!!! :(
What is with the colors you've got going there? Distracting.

Also, the reflective surface would not be my choice. The multiple reflections in #1 are distracting.

Why don't you pose the watches right-way up? I think the sideways lettering is distracting.
Just played with reflection of the watch, I am in the phase where I am learning what is suitable and what not, what works well and whats not so I agree the reflection is good for pic #2 but not so much pic #1

For my next shoot I will look for ways to shoot the watch standing upright.

Most reactions

Back