Watcher of the night

toruonu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
galerii.nicpb.ee
The last sunrays are falling and you drive around small forest streets happy with the days catch of nice shots, then you giggle and think that the only thing that could top it now is an owl sitting quietly on a tree....

5 minutes later you have hit the brakes 100m past one pulling the car to the roadside and begin the long but hurried sneak back, to capture a pic of the watcher in the very very last rays which are trying to come over the treetops.

And you get this:
pilt322.jpg

Pretty good!

wow nice one! :) have you thought of converting it to b&w and adjusting contrast more? this may give a spooky mood to the photo

what an awsome capture! i love the detail in the owl and the fact that he has his nack to us, very unique! I agree with Mentos' suggestion, i think that would work very well.

The DOF in this one gives me a real 3d feel in the image..Lovin it!!!

Great pic and lucky to capture it! :D

You are such a lucky fellow, Mario!
You think: to put the icing on the cake of this day all I need is an owl on the tree and what do you get? Just that. So very JUST that! Wow. The sky had just turned a very interesting, beautiful colour! Great.

I think I have only ever seen owls when something darker than the dark around me hushed from one side of the path to the other, i.e. an owl in flight, as a shadow, no more. The only owls I have ever seen from "the near" where those in bird parks in big cages of meshed wire...

Most reactions

Back