watchin da planes 4

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just another series in plane watching at reagan international. Joseph and I got caught up watching seadoos at the park. the planes were cool too :lmao:

24784677-L.jpg

Great shot! great colour~ :thumbup:
Joh,which shutter speed did u use?? :mrgreen:

Looks nice Jon :) Love the glow (diffused glow I assume)...colors and sharpness are perfect, and nice job with the framing :)

Um, what happened to the rule of thirds you keep preaching to me about!? :lol: :greenpbl:

Wow, very different. Don't 'spect this kind of shot from ya!!

I don't know any rules, I like it :thumbsup:

Wow, definitely a departure from your usual photographic subjects (no offense meant, btw!). I love the movement, but the luminescent glow is what does it for me. :thumbsup:

JonMikal's_Wife said:
Um, what happened to the rule of thirds you keep preaching to me about!? :lol: :greenpbl:

well, if you had looked at this image correctly, you'd see my attention was focused on the sharp water droplets right behind the rider. :wink:

thanks everyone for your kind remarks!

i love family squabbles....makes me feel at home....(cute reply jm's wife!! i have heard that dang rule till i'm sick of it..... :meh: )

good shot though, jon.. love the border...that makes it..!!

JonMikal's_Wife said:

Interesting comment.. If you look at the centre of the photo, and the main subject (if there is one) is smack dab in the centre., then it's a mistake, or poor composition (imo) .. To me.. the subject here is the riders head and arms, which are in the top third.. 2nd.. the water spray.. left third, and then the bow of the craft.. front third..

If you look at the shot of your child, you basicly did the same thing! and what a great shot that one is..my wife loves it!

don't mean to mess up your issue with your husband Linda!! hehehe, but it tough to buck such an awesome photographer... be very careful here.. he is a wise one!!

Jon,, great shot! Looks like some PS work in here also.. very nice!

suprerb shot jonmikal, i think you have used the rule of thirds perfectly on the sea spray, great work. :thumbup:

Raymond J Barlow said:
Looks like some PS work in here also

yep. i added a glow Amanda sent to me that has been working well on some other stuff. the more i look at this one im not sure if it really worked. here's the original:

24975046-L.jpg

and of course a b&w.....i am so eat up with b&w lately:

24975048-L.jpg

eh, i think the black and white just doesnt do it justice. the color is much better IMO. i'm curious about this diffusion glow action you've got going. There are some photographers that i know that use things similar to that when doing portraits, and so far the only way i know to do it is manually (dodge, burn, saturation, blur, etc.) what camera settings did you use, like saturation, contrast, etc.

oh, great image btw ;)

Most reactions

Back