Water beads

saltface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few tries at floral photography. Please be harshly constructive.

Beads-Sepia.jpg

I'm not sure which I like better, so here's the color one as well. This was my first attempt at using curves in Lab color.

Beads.jpg

And one more. I find these flowers a disgusting color, but for some reason I always take pictures of them.

Green%20and%20Yellow.jpg

Thanks!

With the first flower I have to say I prefer the first to the colour version - the colour is a little overly bright and that is hiding some details and making the colours look a little washed out.
As for the composition I think a little tiny bit more along the bottom, but other than that its good!
In the second the colours are much more powerful and stand out well - whilst you have done really well with the depth of field and in caputing the centre as a detailed spot.
I think you might try to remove all the background and have it totally black with just the flower

color color color

The sepia is flat and uninteresting. The color pops out at you.

Thanks for the input!
I edited the top one at work on a poorly calibrated monitor. So I bumped up the color levels thinking it was too washed out.
And yeah, I saw the unfortunate crop when I got my film back. I could have sworn it was all in when I hit the shutter button.

The colour version of the top flower photo does not seem washed out to me and I definitely prefer it to the sepia version, for the flower looks good against the all black background, and I least like to see the green of the buds and the stem on the right gone (;)). I want it there! :D

Of these three, it is the middle one for me, please! ;)

The colour version of the top flower photo does not seem washed out to me and I definitely prefer it to the sepia version, for the flower looks good against the all black background, and I least like to see the green of the buds and the stem on the right gone (;)). I want it there! :D

Of these three, it is the middle one for me, please! ;)

Thanks, I can't do too much to calibrate this monitor and I've had people tell me my color was way off (even though prints look fine). Maybe it's them, not me?

Most reactions

Back