Water Drop

jfrabat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did not know where to post this one (it's not really a macro shot), so I figured this place was as good as any. Here I took a bag of water, added some red food colorant, made a tiny hole in it so that it would drip, and put a Pyrex pan (you can still read the word "Pyrex" on the pic!) with blue-died water. I set my Sony Alpha A77 to 1/8000 speed at ISO 100 and set my lens (Zeiss 18-80mm) to 80mm and f4.5, and turned my external flash on. This is a bit heavy of a crop, but it's as close as I could get it to focus... Overall, I like the way it came out. I have a couple more of these shots, if anyone is interested...

$_DSC0887-A.jpg

Neat image, thanks for sharing. The only comment, well it is just a suggestion - if you get down a little lower and shoot across the "drop" area - use a piece of white "paper" as a backdrop, then you will get a better image, in my opinion, because the detail of the "splash" will not be lost in the background of the blue water.

WesternGuy said:
Neat image, thanks for sharing. The only comment, well it is just a suggestion - if you get down a little lower and shoot across the "drop" area - use a piece of white "paper" as a backdrop, then you will get a better image, in my opinion, because the detail of the "splash" will not be lost in the background of the blue water.

I did use a white background, but the pyrex border shows in the original and it is NOT pritty!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back