Water droplets

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im in a creative mood this week for some reason, macro's the other day and tonight I tried my hand at catching water droplets, lots of shots with nothing happening and missed focus points and colour combos that dont work.

Here's a few that I think turned out pretty good. Focus issues aside :p

img0194rd.jpg

img0173q.jpg

Not sure which one of these two I like best......

img0169n.jpg

img0142ii.jpg

and for something quite different....

img0266h.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment.

I love the colors in the first three. IMO #3 seems to be the best of the batch. You seemed to catch the focus right on the top drop and i love how the colors are also split in half in the reflection of the drop. These three are definitely better than some of the ones I have seen around here (in my opinion). I also like the colors in number 4 and I like the concept of number 5 but I think the water is a little bland. But i still like it. Great work!

Rob
I also like the way you arranged the colors. Nice capture of the droplets - what did you drop in the water, and what shutter/aperture did you shoot?

I like #3 &#5

#5 makes me feel like something is about to happen...........

Agreed! #3 is the winner here, followed by #5

I really like these and just starting to play with droplet shots lately. They're all good - but I agree with some of the others that 3 and 5 are standouts. With regard to the first 3 shots, can you share what your settings and basic setup was? Aslo, what did you use to get the color display? I'm interested in getting good color separation from these types of shots.

Nice work!

Great job, 3 and 5 for me too!

I really like number 5 as it reminds me of summer for some reason, its so pretty, I like the way the fruit colours are caught it the water ripples

Rob
I also like the way you arranged the colors. Nice capture of the droplets - what did you drop in the water, and what shutter/aperture did you shoot?

I used a bag suspended from another tripod with a small hole in it to give a fairly steady stream of water droplets.

Canon 500D/t1i, 50-250mm EF-S kit lens (IS off, manual focus)
Shutter speed 1/200th
Aperture f/11 to f/13
ISO 200

Wexweb: I used 2 A4 sheets of coloured coloured paper overlapping/butted up against each other.

Just a note here, I use the cheapest "no name brand of external flash" and same with the remote flash trigger, all up including shipping to NZ was $130 NZ or about $100 US for both. It fired perfectly everytime (366) shots other than about 1/20 where you can see the synch was off by a fraction, but I was shooting at max synch speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back