Water(flow/fall)

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
E-P4140742.jpg

snipshot_e4hohg8roit.jpg

Any feedback, good, bad, stuff you like; stuff you dont..

Any??

The photo seems pretty evenly split between bright and shadowy area's. Unless the shape of the transition between the two area's complement your subject, I would re shoot form a different angle. Preferably in all shadow. That way, along with a small aperture you could really slow down the shutter speed and make the chaotic waterfall take on some shape.

The twigs in the foreground are really distracting. Personally if I'm going to have something in the foreground, it would be in a shape to "frame" the subject (the waterfall). I know it's tough getting a good shot without stuff in the way sometimes.

Other than that, the shape of the water just before it spills over is pleasant. I would re shoot to make the curve in the spot more prominent.

i personally wouldve stopped down the lens and used a longer shutter speed to get the same exposure but with the water looking smooth. Like said above, shoot from the shawdow, and the second one would be a pretty nice shot without the twigs, good work though, keep shooting!

The photo seems pretty evenly split between bright and shadowy area's. Unless the shape of the transition between the two area's complement your subject, I would re shoot form a different angle. Preferably in all shadow. That way, along with a small aperture you could really slow down the shutter speed and make the chaotic waterfall take on some shape.

The twigs in the foreground are really distracting. Personally if I'm going to have something in the foreground, it would be in a shape to "frame" the subject (the waterfall). I know it's tough getting a good shot without stuff in the way sometimes.

Very amazing advice, thank you!!

I couldnt get any closer or around it.. I was taking it from a place that was blocked (i couldnt get any closer)

i personally wouldve stopped down the lens and used a longer shutter speed to get the same exposure but with the water looking smooth. Like said above, shoot from the shawdow, and the second one would be a pretty nice shot without the twigs, good work though, keep shooting!

My camera (Olympus FE-190) doesnt give that good of a long shutter speed, but i will try it next time :)

I think they are both nice, but I agree with you ALOT mysteryscribe

Jay Jay...

Pic #1 U have some blown spots in this, due to shooting a waterfall in the sun,, difficult to pull off.. even with polarizer.. in the first shot, there is nothing included to show scale... I don't know if you were trying for a cotton candy effect, or just to capture the motion of the water?? need to shoot something like this on a overcast day... or at least when sun is not on falling water... because exp. / you won't win with sun on falling water, pick a different time of day

Pic #2...This is good other then foreground distractions ( Branches_ )

I think you can see for yourself what the water will do when not shot in sunlight...on this shot... you have some filtered sun, but look at the actual fall here , you can see some filtered highlights of the sun, but it is mostly shaded... therefore your water is starting to go with a semi cotton candy type of appearance ( Showing a blur type water motion).. not to shaby on this one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back