water mark position?

MH_91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i know that most photographer they put the watermark logo on the bottom left\right of the pics ? ( correct me if am wrong please )

but i was wonder
if the person want to be creative and change the place of watermark position whats the best place for that ?

some ppl they put it in left-middle of the pic ?

and another question

the size of the font ? , what size is most recommended ?

thank you all =)

have great day

across the image. this way it is a bit harder to crop it out :)

It really depends, some put them square in the middle, others top left, top middle, sides or bottom left,middle or right.

There are also many photographers who will move the logo depending on the image so as to either cover important aspects (harder to steal) or to avoid important aspects (less distracting)

Somewhere on the border. Across the image in my opinion should never be done unless you're showing proofs to clients who may buy the image.

The watermarks are a complete distraction and thus should be as out of the way as possible. Either that or you can just outright ruin any image you post, that is entirely up to you.

thank you guys for the feed back , well i have another Question , for couples pictures and family pictures , The pictures that i worked on them ( Edit them ) should i hand them over with my logo or with out logo ?

Hand them over to who? The client?

I wouldn't pay for pictures that had a watermark on them...

If you're talking about something else, please clarify.

Last edited:
Hand them over to who? The client?

I wouldn't pay for pictures that had a watermark on them...

If you're talking about something else, please clarify.

sorry i didnt made that clear before

i meant hand it over to the client .

Well, if you are delivering it to the client, I would assume that they expect the image to be free of watermarks. If I were the client, I certainly would.

Proofs are one thing, but the finished product should not have any sort of watermark on it.

Well, if you are delivering it to the client, I would assume that they expect the image to be free of watermarks. If I were the client, I certainly would.

Proofs are one thing, but the finished product should not have any sort of watermark on it.
thanks

I'd say it depends on what you are doing with the photo. If it's an online proofing gallery, I put a faint watermark through the dead center of the photo.

For uploading to the web I will put it in a corner, and change the position dependant on the photo so that It doesn't take away from the work.

For finished prints, have your studio/name/copyright statement etc, backprinted.

I sign my art prints or sign the mat if they are framed.

I've been putting very, very translucent, super thin cross hairs through the center of the photo, along with the studios logo on a bottom corner. I try to make them as light as possible--with darker photos, sometimes only at a 5% opacity. I don't make my online proofing images very large either, I set them at 500px on the longest side. I think it's working, the watermark is very, very subtle, but would be hard for most people to remove.

I don't like the name of the studio in the center of the photograph. Or even worse, a tile pattern of the logo running diagonal across the photograph. It looks ridiculous, obstructs the image and is a good way to deter sales. Plus it smacks of a sophomoric attempt at professionalism. :drool:I sound cranky.

Last edited:

I would say the same, if someone pays for the image they probably want it without a watermark, especially outside of the internet since it is less likely to be copied.

across the image. this way it is a bit harder to crop it out :)
dsc04795lcstrtuwatermar.jpg

I love her feet, they are framed so nicely. Can't comment on the rest of the image though :lmao:Great example AuZambo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back