Water mark question phase two

Bampson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys

After a lot of messing around and some good advice from the other thread ,I have designed my logo for my water mark and I think it will do what I want/need.

Now my question is how to apply it to the photos?
I have tried to save it as a brush but as it has some colour to it that option did not work. I am looking for an option that will be easy to repeat or batch.

Any ideas would be great .

Thanks

Thanks for the tip MP , I think I have phrased my question wrong.

I have designed my logo in Photo shop and I need to know what the best way to save it , as it stands it's a separate picture.What is the best way to bring it into photo shop so that it is quickly accessible like a brush or something of the sort .

As mentioned before it cant be a brush because it has some colour in it , but I know there must be another way ..

I hope this makes sense ..

thanks

One way would be to use File - Place
This can be recorded in an action along with aligning the logo IE:
Once the logo is placed (In the center as default) select the layer then use Layers - Align Layers to Selection - select as required.
This is fine for documents that are the same size, the problem comes when you want to use the logo on different sized documents!

I use the program visual watermark as it is pretty cheap but has a heap of features like auto-resizing of selected images etc.

In the past I have incorporated my works logo and some text and it worked well. Just my two cents worth.

Batch Photo Watermarking Software - Visual Watermark

Thanks for the tip MP , I think I have phrased my question wrong.

I have designed my logo in Photo shop [sic] and I need to know what the best way to save it , as it stands it's a separate picture.What is the best way to bring it into photo shop so that it is quickly accessible like a brush or something of the sort .

As mentioned before it cant be a brush because it has some colour in it , but I know there must be another way ..

I hope this makes sense ..

thanks
Actually, it can be a multipart brush, and though of little consequence, Photoshop is one word.

Did you do the logo as a vector path, or did you just do some text layers?

If you did text layers did you rasterize them?

KMH
I did the Logo as layers in Phothshop and saved it as a .png , nothing after that.
Do you think it I need to rasterize it ?
if I did what file type should I save it as and how do I create a multi part brush ?

ps with all the spelling and grammer checking this place reminds me of school ..:lol:

It sounds to me like the logo you designed is along the lines of one I'm using these days - a color combination of text and graphics. I flattened my logo to one layer, saved it as a jpeg, and created an action in Photoshop to place it. This action (performed within the image to which you want to add the logo):
-Opens the logo file
-Does a "select all" and "copy" on the logo
-Goes back to the target image and "pastes" the logo (as mentioned, this places it dead center)
-Moves the logo to the desired location (see below)
-Changes the transparency of the logo
-Flattens and saves the target image
-Closes the logo file.

This works great with my workflow, but you could adapt it to yours. I only add the logo to web-size images, and for a consistent look all of my web images are the same size, with the logo in the same place (you can see this on some of my more recent shots at Studio 7Four Galleries). Okay, I actually have two actions, one for portrait and one for landscape orientations, since the offset from dead center will be different.

Obviously since I'm flattening and saving, this is the last step I do. You can create an action which does all or part of this as best suits your workflow.

@ Studio 7 , Thanks for the help I will give that a try ..

Most reactions

Back