water, rocks & long exposure

awesome shot mate.
Now put a bird of prey on there and you are done :)

or maybe an Otter?

Andy - you're wasted behind the counter - get out and share your talent this is fabulous - but what do I know - well about as much as everyone else here who thinks you produce some special work - my pottery is coming along and I am not missing photography at all :confused:

Ray, I have never been drunk behind that counter! :lol:
glad to hear about your pottery lessons are paying off and if your not missing photography can I have your 1ds mk2??

Just STUNNING. Me thinks I need to follow you around next week and get some teaching.......

I agree about the black border but I think plain white would be too much aswell, I'd go for an off white maybe a light cream with a pin stripe of the same colour as the top of the back left rock............

Great news Hoppy, I charge £50 per hour but as your a mate I'll just charge £80 per hour.

not sure about the pin stripe but will try a lighter border

everyone else, thanks

love the slight bloom effect it has! :thumbup:

Maybe you should be drunk behind the counter with some of the customers you get. - now to enter the debate on the frame - the black frame gives it depth it holds the image in and the image is very strong. The main rock is pefectly placed on the third and the upper rock balances the whole picture. If I was to recomend one change it would be to put a 2 pixel white edge inside the original image before adding the black ground. Almost every digital projection comp you see these days have a black ground whereas prints seem to go with a light cream or an oyster ground as judges seem to preffer them that way. At the end of the day it personal preference but it doesn't alter the fact this is a wonderful image - just think how much more resolution you could have had with my 1Ds MkII but it's propping up my pottery wheel at the moment. :confused:

Beautiful. It reminds me of one of the desktops my computer came with. I'm really loving the fog.

Maybe you should be drunk behind the counter with some of the customers you get. - now to enter the debate on the frame - the black frame gives it depth it holds the image in and the image is very strong. The main rock is pefectly placed on the third and the upper rock balances the whole picture. If I was to recomend one change it would be to put a 2 pixel white edge inside the original image before adding the black ground. Almost every digital projection comp you see these days have a black ground whereas prints seem to go with a light cream or an oyster ground as judges seem to preffer them that way. At the end of the day it personal preference but it doesn't alter the fact this is a wonderful image - just think how much more resolution you could have had with my 1Ds MkII but it's propping up my pottery wheel at the moment. :confused:

If I had my way there would be 5 different Ales on tap :lol:
Still can't make my mind up about the frame:confused:
Tell you what Ray, I'll swap my 1:5 scale model of the Canon 1DSmkII & 600mm F4 for your 1DSmkII

Thanks for posting the data.

Since I got to see them both before I am posting I LOVE the edited one best.. There is much more life into it and he fog look adds character... :) Great job!

Most reactions

Back