Water shot

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I like this one, but could use some critique.

Nikon D1 1/10 @ ƒ22

gvrock1008hx.jpg

i like the comp. the long exposure has created a few blown out spots. have you played with the contrast on this any?

edit: Craig, i just took this in to PS CS and played with the shadow/highlight option and received a great result...IMO of course! :mrgreen:

Thanks JM! I have been battling the contrast myself. I am on the fence with the highlights the hottest spot near the center still has a 4% dot which I like as long as it doesn't go 0% I am OK with it. I will try one with more detail. The print will be the real test.

craig said:
Thanks JM! I have been battling the contrast myself. I am on the fence with the highlights the hottest spot near the center still has a 4% dot which I like as long as it doesn't go 0% I am OK with it. I will try one with more detail. The print will be the real test.

cool, let me know how it turns out!

Nice job, good smoothness with the exposue time. I have a fairly untrained eye, (just a noob photographer), but the contrast looks good to my eye. I do see what JM is saying about the blown out spots, but I still like it!

/SaveAs:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back