Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and critiques are appreciated.

Attachments

• $Moody Waterfall Web Critique.jpg
    $Moody Waterfall Web Critique.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 119
Not bad, but it is a bit dark as there is no detail in the shadows. I would have been tempted to isolate each waterfall and take separate images, because right now, most of your image is composed of the "water" in front of the falls - not sure if this is a lake or a river - doesn't matter, but this foreground water tends to dominate the image. The falls on the left tends to be where my eyes go first as it is the brighter of the two, mainly because it is the larger one. Taking shots of each falls separately and making each one the subject of its own image might have been better. Alternatively, move the base of the shot up a bit to eliminate some of the foreground water and include more of the sky I would try all three compositions and see which worked best. HTH.

WesternGuy

I think Western Guy has the right idea...

For your consideration:

$9479430992_475f2f62b0_o.jpg $9476641977_f124973ed8_o.jpg

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

@westernguy- thanks for the comments. Maybe I should have used a longer focal length and tried to focus in more on each waterfalls. Next time I visit this site I will keep your comments in mind.

@ceeboy- I like these crops. I will try playing around with this shot some more. Thanks.

@westernguy- thanks for the comments. Maybe I should have used a longer focal length and tried to focus in more on each waterfalls. Next time I visit this site I will keep your comments in mind.

@ceeboy- I like these crops. I will try playing around with this shot some more. Thanks.

You are welcome. Just something to think about - when I shoot landscapes, I often try to just concentrate on one element of the landscape, provided I am not going for the "big picture". The old KISS principle is still good when applied to landscapes. This is why, just concentrating on one waterfall at a time gives you a much better image and allows you to concentrate more on the composition and exposure aspects of the shot. ceeboy14 has the right idea, although the water appears to have a bit of a pinkish tinge to it and I would have cropped out the bit of sky in the top right corner of the left-hand image.

The other thing to think about is whether or not the waterfall is better as a horizontal or vertical composition - up to you - but you might think of taking the shot both ways, after all, digital doesn't really cost anything more than your time.

WesternGuy

It did take on a pinkish tinge in the compression but not on the PS screen. It is the danger of twice compressing a small file.

Most reactions

Back