Waterfall HDR: C&C welcome

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work as a dishwasher at a restaurant called the Indian Falls Log Cabin. For a long time now, out menu has needed a new photo of the falls (the waterfall is below a small cliff, visible out the windows of the restaurant, hence the name). The old photo was taken with a 2mp cell phone camera, blown up to 8x10, from a crappy angle to begin with. We can all imagine how that might look.

I offered to take the new photo for the owners, for $25 AND a photo credit with my website, in the form of a watermark on every copy of the menu. I had today off, so I grabbed one of my buddies (who is a videographer, and made a short vlog of our adventure) and we set out to take the photo. What do you guys think? Would you accept this for your menu. It is a 2 shot HDR, so the sky is not blown out, but I could still pull a one second exposure to get the water nice and silky.

1026421030_9hCtN-L.jpg

Last edited:
WATERMARK THIS BIG

Seriously man.... You are really that worried?
wow

I certainly think this is a gorgeous location. For an HDR, it seems to lack punch and saturation. I'm posting a quick edit so you can see some tweaks and for those that may not feel like hopping off to your link.
yl15lo

I lieft the dust spots in the sky, but you should get rid of those. Raised the black level and adjusted the recovery to get some detail in the sky. It looked a bit off level, so there is a bit of rotation which is why it might look a little more cropped. It could be web compression, but the pic looks a little soft so the image is sharpened a bit.

No, im not. Just the way my smugmug did it, I haven't resized the watermark yet. Still working out all the kinks in it lol

I certainly think this is a gorgeous location. For an HDR, it seems to lack punch and saturation. I'm posting a quick edit so you can see some tweaks and for those that may not feel like hopping off to your link.
yl15lo

I lieft the dust spots in the sky, but you should get rid of those. Raised the black level and adjusted the recovery to get some detail in the sky. It looked a bit off level, so there is a bit of rotation which is why it might look a little more cropped. It could be web compression, but the pic looks a little soft so the image is sharpened a bit.

Thanks man!! I tried embedding it but it wouldn't work. Any idea why? I'm gonna do another edit on it. redo the HDR, and get rid of the dust in the sky. I was at my friends house for the first edit and he did quite a bit of the editing. I'll post it when I finish...

LOL it is so annoying. I would get that thing looked at. IT is seriously swollen. LOL sorry man. j/k

[

Thanks man!! I tried embedding it but it wouldn't work. Any idea why? I'm gonna do another edit on it. redo the HDR, and get rid of the dust in the sky. I was at my friends house for the first edit and he did quite a bit of the editing. I'll post it when I finish...

Use the share menu, not the URL of that page.

[

Use the share menu, not the URL of that page.

Thanks dude, thats been bugging me like you wouldn't believe!!!

Most reactions

Back