Waterfall

Syldorian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a waterfall photo. Does it do anything for you folks?
Thanks much for any replies.

IMG_1130potn.jpg

Too soft and little dark, when you have motion blur, the other areas of the shot needs to be sharp for contrast.

Valiant attempt, but Jeff's right - you have a slight blur. Did you use a tripod? I think it was a tad too slow - just a bit quicker would have reduced blur and still kept the motion. But mind you, it was still a valiant attempt. One for you for trying!

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I forgot to mention that I softened this picture in GIMP before I posted it...the original is much sharper (outside the water blur). When I get back to my desktop I'll post the other version. I didn't even think about contrasting the water blur by having the rest of the photo sharper....makes a lot of sense now that I think about it, though.

Again, thanks for the replies. I'll try to have it reposted tonight.

OK, here's the non-modified version. I didn't do anything to this one other than rotating it 90 degrees and rescaling.

IMG_1130orig.jpg

Is this better? Anything I should do to it?
Thanks for any suggestions (and thanks for all the comments so far).

BTW, gratefullydead, this is in Petit Jean Mountain State Park in Arkansas. The waterfall is around 90 feet tall (doesn't really look like it from the photo, though).

Was it hand held? Also I might have moved the shot to the right a bit. That way the water fall is on the left side of the shot and it is moving to the right.

No, this shot was from a tripod....1-second exposure (no way I could handhold that. :D )

I'll try cropping a bit out of the left side of the shot....wish I'd thought to pull the waterfall to the left when I took the shot. Guess we all learn from our mistakes, though. :)

IMG_1130leftcrop.jpg

Cropped a little off the left....how does this look? I cropped it a little vertically, too, to keep the aspect ratio the same. I was a little afraid I was going to overdo it, so it might not be quite enough of a crop.

the original is much better than the modified photo. Unfortunately the lighting was not cooperating when you took this shot. The angles are nice and the water flow is a little over exposed towards the top. Overall an excellent first attempt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back