Waterfalls (hand-held)

Kristie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these photos on a slow shutter hand-held because I forgot my tripod.
C&C welcome along with any comments :)

172875620-M.jpg

172875075-M.jpg

172874849-M.jpg

172875782-M.jpg

The problem with slow shutterspeeds for waterfalls and rapids is blown out highlights and lost detail in the water. Sometimes a faster shutterspeed works better.

skieur

Nice shots! I like 3 & 4 the most. We're you using the VR function on your 18-200mm? I'm looking at that lens myself.

I've heard of people using Neutral Density filters when photographing waterfalls to compensate for the long exposure times.

Thanks for the comments.

Ryan- yes I was using my VR lens :) To be honest though... I actually haven't noticed a difference with that feature on any photos (except maybe these)

Kristie - Ya, that 18-200 VR is very tempting. It gets great reviews and it would be nice not to have to switch lenses (between my 18-55 & 55-200VR)

Now take the same shot but with a tripod. :D

I would, but these were taken 4hrs from where I live....

Nice shots! You must have a very still hand to take those without a tripod! My only criticism is that the greens look a bit over processed to me, but that could just be personal preference.

Thanks you Miaow and SeaMyFeet!

SMF-you'd think I did alot to those pictures in PS but I actually hardly touched them... it really was that green in there (had just rained)! I see what you mean though... the green in the 3rd photo is very bright.

Most reactions

Back