Waterfalls - my first thread

tphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, this is my first thread. Enjoy my photos and any criticism is acceptable.
There are two waterfall photos that i took near Saws Olympus, the highest mountain in Greece.

DSC_0044_low.jpg

DSC_0049_low.jpg

Photography by sakpagonas on Etsy

i love the colors in the first picture. it's composed very well IMO

1st... lose the watermarks. No one is gonna steal those.
2nd.... Please view me ....
3rd.. You need to balance you exposure.... You can do this by using a neutral density filter.
Your water looks horribly burned out. Nothing good will come of burned water...

If you do not have a filter I would use some sort of HDR technique on those scenes.. You have way to much brightness on those and it looks bad....
4th... keep shooting... the more you shoot the better you will get...well.... thats the idea.....

how did you get the water too look so soft

The way you get the soft water is by having a longer exposure so it "blurs" the water instead of having it crisp and frozen time.

To the OP:

I like them not amazing but nothing completely wrong i would probably make your exposure a little shorter and try to keep some texture in your water.

I like the first one A LOT, I don't know what Sachphotography's problem is, the watermark is not intrusive however making it a little more transparent would be a nice touch.

Photo #2 Is "Eh." I like the capture but you did over expose the water in both photos. He made a cool link for you but hes being a total jerk about it.

It's obvious these ARE NOT snapshots and you are putting forth a valiant effort so keep up the hard work. I like the photos.

Lovely spots (especially #1), but there is no detail in the cascading water. Too long of an exposure duration IMO.

Well ............In my opinion the landscaping photography is not an easy task ...you have to learn the specifically skills of landscaping photography.you have to be complete knowledge about lens ,that how to focus the lens??,and what types of lenses you have to use? Otherwise the photography is amazing...nice work you have done...I like it..!!!!!

Most reactions

Back